Converting my feeder to directional

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting my feeder to directional

Ive looked at the directional moultrie unit and it just looks like my motor and timer with only one way for the corn to come out. Has anyone ever converted a normal unit into directional? I was thinking of using 4 inch pvc and cut a section out to direct the feed.

You might get to much corn piled up under the plate. that woukd jamb it.

Comment

Following curious about this

Comment

The plate is the same on the ones they sell.

Comment

I have the fish feeder by moultree. I use it on a barrel. It works well. Not sure if this is your plan but it slings corn in a strait line. I like it.

Comment

"Converting my feeder to directional "

Sort of did this with one of my feeders using duct tape on one side of my varmint cage, couple of short strips on the inside.. Doubled up on the corn underneath but otherwise threw in one direction.

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post
              You might get to much corn piled up under the plate. that woukd jamb it.
              If the directional deer feeder is built like the fish feeder, with a plastic spinner plate that is just pressed on the shaft, you'll have problems just like above. Only thing in your favor is that corn kernels don't swell up as much as fish food pellets--

Comment

Ttt.

Comment

Anyone ever tried one of these directional units from spin tech. I have a feeder that I want to put a directional on. Can't tell much from pic don't know if it's a regular spinner blocked on one side or something different.
                  spintechspreaders.com/shop/game-feeders/directional-feeder/

Comment

Also anyone used Spinpro. They look like there well built in pics on website. Never seen one in person or heard much about them.

Comment

Originally posted by stuntriderant View Post
                      Ive looked at the directional moultrie unit and it just looks like my motor and timer with only one way for the corn to come out. Has anyone ever converted a normal unit into directional? I was thinking of using 4 inch pvc and cut a section out to direct the feed.
                      If your still looking I've drawn up a set of plans if you want to tinker shoot me a pm if you do.

Comment

I've been thinking of building one with a horizontal motor.

Comment

Working...
                        X