Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
    hahahaha

i dont know if i can handle the winters honestly, that's what scares me. I've lived in Texas pretty much all of my life other than 2 years as a really little kid in Tennessee.

The housing prices seem pretty affordable though, and I guess I'll have to see if the raise is worth it.
    Forget it then, I lived there for 16 years and the winters are long and suck. Best fishing you will ever do. You can fish after work in the summer time because it does not get dark till 10:00PM. Deer hunting can be good if you can get on some private. Bow hunting near the city is the best. Iowa would be your best bet if you can get a tag, I know some primo public land in Iowa I can turn you on to(don't hunt there anymore) Summers are nice but you have to buy OFF by the case. If you don't like the cold you will hate it. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Hahahaha I was reserving that for a person moving to Canada..
      Almost the same thing. [emoji847]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hahahaha I was reserving that for a person moving to Canada..
        My wife was born and raised in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and then went to high school in Apple Valley, Minnesota. I hear "Aye" most everyday.

Comment

I spent 9 - 1-2 week vacations up there on Lake BellTaine and fished between there and the Canada border all over. We were chasing smallies, perch, walleyes, pike, and of course black bass. Those northern Minnesota lakes absolutely blow Texas out of the water for numbers, beautiful water, eager biting fish and landscape/views. If not for the long winters, I could see myself living up there and loving every minute of it.....and I love Texas. Its another world up there and most of those folks like to troll or fish for walleyes. When I was going black bass were trash fish...lol. It is a bass fisherman's dream if you can get it in your mind that a 6-7lb fish is a giant up there and enjoy 100 fish days. They are hard working folks who love their summer vacations to their lakes up north. The land of 10,000 lakes...and that doesn't always count the ones without a set boat ramp. Love that place. Need to go back before I get too old.

Learn and get used to:

Uffff-dah

Yaah or Yaah sure

You betcha

Don't ya know

You wanna go with? (with who?)

Bag pronouced Baaaaaayg

Pop instead of coke or soda......or Diet Pop

Holy Buckets!

Hotdish as opposed to casserole..

AND Lots of pickled herring Just ask Mr. Smart

Comment

I am in Wisconsin, born and raised and seriously this pretty much sums it up:

Also, no planting any veggies until after Memorial Day for fear of frost but Minneapolis tends to get quite cold and bitter cold with the wind chill gets up here, gimme Texas<><
            Last edited by sticshooter; 04-19-2018, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I actually found some nice houses on realtor right across the border in Wisconsin about 45mins from the work site

Comment

The fishing and hunting is phenomenal and if you find that you can deal with the bitter cold and Lake effect snow falls (depending where you are), it can be well worth it for sure, the summers can be mild and very comfortable<><

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
                  I actually found some nice houses on realtor right across the border in Wisconsin about 45mins from the work site
                  Also if you like to hunt definitely some pros to living up here:

Comment

You think skeeters are bad here, Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes. You will practically inhale them during the summer.

Comment

Post 3, 16 & 22 are dead on!

I lived there for 16+ years & loved it

Like all things in life, it’s what you make of it

Good luck & enjoy it

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
                        My wife was born and raised in Cedar Rapids, Iowa and then went to high school in Apple Valley, Minnesota. I hear "Aye" most everyday.
                        Hahahah I've been to Apple Valley with my Northfield folks.

I had two sets of friends there......one couple lived in Northfield (went to a few Jesse James days while there) and one in Nevis on Lake Bell Taine. I was actually fishing in the Minneapolis area when 9-11 happened. My buddy actually made a comment about the lack of planes flying over the lake while we were fishing compared to his normal days there....didn't think anything of it and when we got back to the ramp we heard the bad news. I was supposed to fly out the next day on this trip, which is why we were fishing close to the cities. Had to rent a car and drive the 15 hours home.

Originally posted by sticshooter View Post
                        AND Lots of pickled herring Just ask Mr. Smart

LMAO!! only for bait.. Yuuuuk!

Comment

Plenty of winter fun, Snowmobile poker runs, cross country skiing, ice skating,hockey,Ice fishing. Deer,pheasant,duck waterfowl hunting,grouse.
                          Winters are no worse than 9 months of 90 degree heat and humidity.. You only live once

Comment

I am no help with Minnesota, but I can't help but be curious why your company is floundering on a decision about where to send you. Do they have locations there in those places now and want you to go manage them or are they wanting to open new offices in these places? This just seems strange that they are bouncing this decision around with you being the ping pong ball.

What does your company do, and what do you do for them?

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              I took a job north of Amarillo for a few years, and I couldn't handle those winters. Lol
                              The winters aren't near as bad as the constant wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Dspivey View Post
                                You think skeeters are bad here, Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes. You will practically inhale them during the summer.
                                No joke they’re about the size of a nickel too.

Comment

Working...
                                X