Tree saddle vs hang on stand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tree saddle vs hang on stand?

I’m thinking about hunting out of a saddle this year and wanted to know y’all’s opinion on the two? What’s the best saddle for the money? I’m going to be packing in and out every time too.

Nobody can dispute the advantages of the saddle. Only cons are price to “buy in”... where as loc ons have at minimum a used market.

I go deeper and more extreme by the year... but I’m geared up already for lone wolf set up and I’m so proficient in it... and at this time in my life don’t go as often, I’ll stay where I’m at.

If I had to start from scratch I’d go saddle.

Since the saddle craze, you can get into top end loc ons for pennies on the dollar now.... so if money is a factor you can still be on the top tier of stand tech for a small fraction of what the saddle alone will cost you

Comment

I'd rather sell my loc on and start over with a saddle.

Comment

I started saddle hunting this past season.. I'm still finalizing my setup but it's much easier to slip in an area without the bulk of a climber or lock on.. I use 3 hawk helium sticks with an over sized top step. I use a aider for climbing. For long sits I have a predator platform.. I still have a few permanent lock ons set up on the lease .

Comment

Good to know. I’m hunting public land so I’m sure the saddle is easier. Thanks for the info

Comment

Saturday April 25th there will be a TBH Saddle event in Denton. I’ll post the thread. I’m thinking about switching as well.

Comment

Saddle FTW!!!

I went the DIY route but I have heard really good stuff about the Tethrd and Aerohunter options, I doubt you can go wrong either way

Comment

I used a saddle all of last season and can say with out a doubt that it is superior to tree stands. I ran the aerohunter flex and tethrd predator platform. I used hawk heliums as a climbing method with a 2 step moveable aider. my system for 2020 has dramatically changed. feel free to ask any questions as ive done a lot of research on this topic

Comment

What's the DIY route for a saddle ? I've been pondering a saddle vs. climbing sticks for a little while

Comment

Originally posted by Fcap60 View Post
                    What's the DIY route for a saddle ? I've been pondering a saddle vs. climbing sticks for a little while
                    A sitdrag and a sewing machine or sewing awl. Or some fabric and webbing and a sewing machine.

Comment

Working...
                    X