No announcement yet.

Del rio questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot, you should go by the Del Rio winery and get your wife a bottle of wine. I'ts the oldest winery in Texas. They have an outstanding tawny port.

Comment

Where's my invite?!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

All good stuff here guys!! CC come on brotha! I’ve yet to see it!

Comment

Hunted same ranch as James for 6 years, and what he said is spot on. I got off right before the Anthrax hit this year only because I was tired of the 5 hour drive (One Way). Great country to hunt and the Low Fence ranch there was awesome. I was lucky enough to kill 4 of my biggest Bow bucks there. 154, 152, 146, and 144 James is right that mid 30's buck is was more prevalent where we were hunting, but there were a few 150+'s killed each year. As most have said 600 acres in that country could be tough to manage for alot of high quality if everyone around you isn't applying those same mgmnt practices. Justin at Del Rio Feed along with the rest of the staff are good people. Here are pics of the 4 I mounted from there. The middle 8 pt was killed on my new lease this year
          Attached Files

Comment

Those are some good deer! I’ll have to get a feel for the neighbors. Landowner said there is close to 4K acres around us that is not hunted but I’ll have to see that to believe it!

Comment

Goat and sheep country big-time.

Comment

Off topic, haven't been there in years. Is Maw Crosby's still open in Acuna? Just curious. No big deal as I'm not going back.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
                  Off topic, haven't been there in years. Is Maw Crosby's still open in Acuna? Just curious. No big deal as I'm not going back.
                  Ma Crosby's closed years ago as many businesses did due to lack of tourism. The nachos there were other worldly. A chunk of medium rare beef on each chip with cheddar cheese and a spoonful of fresh guacamole.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    Being on the border the Mexican food is surprisingly bad. Julio's chips factory is the best but it's nothing to write home about. The small pools of water for cattle and wildlife are called "tanks".
                    Actually “tanks” are either a tracked armored military vehicle or a cylindrical vessel most commonly used for holding bulk fluids. A pond is a low lying area that collects and holds water

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Ma Crosby's closed years ago as many businesses did due to lack of tourism. The nachos there were other worldly. A chunk of medium rare beef on each chip with cheddar cheese and a spoonful of fresh guacamole.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                      That's what I remember. Also eat lots of Quail and something called Botanna over there in restaurant close by. Botanna was beef strips with onion and other veges. Too many years ago to remember.

Comment

We hunt Comstock....awesome ranch. Del Rio feed has it all...Justin is good people. I prefer the Mummes in Llano because of the scent but I often get feed and cottonseed at DFS too. There were some good deer killed on our place this year. Very low hunting pressure. Good luck on your new place, always fun setting up for new place.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                          Actually “tanks” are either a tracked armored military vehicle or a cylindrical vessel most commonly used for holding bulk fluids. A pond is a low lying area that collects and holds water

Not in this part of the world...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bpa556 View Post
                            Not in this part of the world...

Just look at his screen name... He ain't from around here... he come from somewhur else, so he jus' don't know no better...

Comment

Originally posted by FULL DRAW View Post
                              Buddy of mine hunts in Del Rio and he still hasn't been able to eat the three deer he killed this year. It is a CWD county and TPWL still haven't posted his numbers online as safe to consume yet. He had to turn over the heads for tissue sample and wait.

Tell your buddy to check the CWD often. I just got 4 “not detected “ results.

Comment

Any one else have any low fence pics??

Comment

Working...
                                X