DIY high fence build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIY high fence build.

Built 975 ft of high fence the last couple days at the ranch I manage. Watched it built before and look really easy so thought I’d give it a try. Bought materials and made a couple tools to make life easier. Wore unroller and stretcher bars. These were life savers. Don’t know how to post pictures so made a short video, with pictures and videos of the build. Was very easy to build and almost easier than 5 strand.

Build high fence and some of the tools built to help in construction. Wire Unrolled and stretcher bars.

Man that is impressive work! Love the ingenuity.

Comment

Well freakin done sir!

Comment

Thank you, not the prettiest thing I’ve ever built lol but gets the job done, and built 95 percent with things laying around.

Comment

Really impressive, great job.

Comment

nice work

Comment

wow great job.

Comment

^

Comment

Great job!

Comment

solid!

Comment

Great job and video.

Comment

Very impressive! Great work!

Comment

Did I miss it in the video? How long are your vertical posts? How deep did you set them? Concrete or packed soil?

Nice Job!

Comment

Originally posted by ken800 View Post
                            Did I miss it in the video? How long are your vertical posts? How deep did you set them? Concrete or packed soil?

Nice Job!
                            The video was just a picture mash up with a couple short videos within.

The corners are 3 1/2 OD SS40 galvanized pipe 14 ft long and driven 6 ft deep. The kicker is 7 ft driven 6ft. The braces between corners are the same as the line post. 2 3/8s OD SS40 galvanized. Line post are 12 ft driven 4 ft. Wire is stay tuff 2096-6 and guide/straight line wire is just stay tight 50 two point barb. Used T gripples on corners and crimp sleeves in gut strain and wire connections. Lastly easy twist ties used with a drill and special chuck and hammer on galvanized caps.

Driver is a Montana post driver 750R and it’s a beast. All the other stuff I made.
                            This was a test run to see if I could build it. Test was a success so a bunch more coming my way.

Comment

Awesome build!

Comment

Working...
                              X