Soooo simple, duck for the haters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soooo simple, duck for the haters

Cooked this you lunch today. This is honestly so simple anyone here in possession of a duck breast can cook it. and I CHALLENGE you to not like it.

1 Half of breast (I used a Mallard)

Soak in water with salt min 24 hrs. I leave mine all week and just cook from it. Whatevers left at end of week gets frozen.

2.Dry the crap out of it, I mean super dry with paper towels.

3. Rub about 2-3 drops of olive oil on breast

4.lightly sprinkle both sides of breast with salt, pepper, chilli powder

5. Preheat cast iron skillet, just above medium heat (mines electric....so on about 6)

6. With NO OIL in SKILLET.....drop breast on one side....6min and walk away....flip and 6 min on other side.

Note: with gadwall, shovelers, pintails, widgeons you could probably drop to 5 and 5

teal probably 4 and 4

7 rest for 2-3 min. slice and enjoy. This will be med.rare outside with center being rare. Wild duck is perfectly safe to eat RAW if you wanted to.

I dare you to not like this easy recipe, "taste like liver" I HATE LIVER!!!

Never tried this way. Do you not tenderise?

Comment

I'll have to try it sometime

Comment

Sounds good. Will have to try it. Duck smoked is really good too

Comment

Definitely trying this.

Thanks for sharing

Ike

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
            Never tried this way. Do you not tenderise?
            Nope, if you dont overcook it wont need chewing. 6 min per side on a mallards sized fillet

Comment

Comment

Re: Soooo simple, duck for the haters

Trying it out with Gadwall tonight.

Comment

Please post honest opinion.....5 min per side!!!!!! Dont adjust

Comment

Re: Soooo simple, duck for the haters

Really good! I cooked 3 breasts and ended up going 6 minutes on the 6 setting on electric stove. The 5 minutes was a little too rare for my taste. I substituted the chili powder with lemon pepper on the last one and it was pretty good too. My wife will only eat wraps with duck but I got her to try a piece and she ended eating half my plate. Thanks for the recipe!

Comment

Glad you liked it. Dont be scared of rare duck (my wife wont eat it either, unless I go Med rare)....but shes that way with beef too.

This is for those that think you must camo the duck to eat it....this IS duck...no marinades or mask and its awesome!!!

Comment

Thanks for sharin, gonna have my buddy cook some of his this way

Comment

May have to try this one.

Comment

Definitely gonna give this a try! Thanks

Comment

Honest review.... First time I've cooked it this way. Usually I wrap in bacon and grill, or fry and put in brown gravy and rice.

This recipe is DANG GOOD!!! I poured some Worchershire sauce over it as I was eating it to add a little extra flavor goodness. Definately will continue to cook it this way. Thanks for the great receipe man.

Friendly reminder.... make sure you remove all the shot This wasn't a problem for me though since I always shoot them in the head, haha.

Comment

Working...
                              X