Florida Keys in June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Keys in June

Anyone ever been to the Keys in June? I am thinking about going there for the first time with the wife for a short summer vacation. Is june a bad month with Hurricane Season ramping up or should we just go?

Also where have you stayed? I hear marathon or Duck Key is nice but open to other options

Thanks

Summer is rather crowded from what I saw, probably everywhere in Florida like that in June. I have only been twice for corporate meetings. I guess it was ..........ok.

Comment

Was in Marathon a couple weeks ago. I believe there is only 1 hotel up and running at this time. Key West was 100% operational. As far as hurricanes go, you should be fine in June, possible but would be rare that early.

Comment

I can’t help you about June but, Duck Key is awesome. We stayed in Hawks Cay this last August and had a blast. The thing about Duck Key or Marathon is your centralized in the keys. Key West is cool and Hemingway’s house is there, if you’re a fan, but parking sucks. Lots of fishing guides in that part of the world, unless you already have a someone in mind I bet you could get a deal by getting a guide when you’re there.

Comment

Let me know if you need a guide buddy of mine guides out of key largo.

Comment

key west

key west in may. it was ok.. stayed at ocean key resort, it was nice. seafood was horrible, tarpon fishing was fantastic, bars were ok. a diff. kind of crowd for a small town fella, if ya know what I mean. my wife doesn't want to go back.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
              key west in may. it was ok.. stayed at ocean key resort, it was nice. seafood was horrible, tarpon fishing was fantastic, bars were ok. a diff. kind of crowd for a small town fella, if ya know what I mean. my wife doesn't want to go back.
              Yep and Yes!
              Hopefully they don't book a trip during the multiple LGBTQish events that are hosted all during the summer high season!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Yep and Yes!
                Hopefully they don't book a trip during the multiple LGBTQish events that are hosted all during the summer high season!
                Really? I had no clue but I guess it makes sense. Thanks for the info, I may look into Hawks Cay

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                  Really? I had no clue but I guess it makes sense. Thanks for the info, I may look into Hawks Cay
                  Oh yea. You make it to the wrong end of Duval street and you will know very quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                    Oh yea. You make it to the wrong end of Duval street and you will know very quickly.
                    There are some strange ducks running around Key West for sure.

Comment

If you wait till the last Wednesday and Thursday of July, you can dive/snorkel for lobster, they everywhere and tasty

Comment

Originally posted by BigDraw View Post
                        If you wait till the last Wednesday and Thursday of July, you can dive/snorkel for lobster, they everywhere and tasty
                        Really ? Are they guided trips ?

Comment

We stayed in Islamorada in June a few years ago and had a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by mharris1 View Post
                            We stayed in Islamorada in June a few years ago and had a blast.
                            This is what I was looking at. Looks like lots of good fishing charters out of there. Where did you stay ? Looking to keep it under 500 a night

Comment

The Green Parrot in Key West is a blast! I stayed at Bay Harbour on Lower Matecumbe Key. Rented it thru VRBO.

Comment

Working...
                              X