No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain to me how this works? Just moved to Georgetown and am all about some cheap hunting. PM if you'd rather. Don't want to overtake the post. I've never hunted public land.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Can someone explain to me how this works? Just moved to Georgetown and am all about some cheap hunting. PM if you'd rather. Don't want to overtake the post. I've never hunted public land.
      You will need to go to the Corps of Engineers office at Lake Georgetown and get an application, They will tell you what you need to do.

Comment

10-4. Idk if I'll make it home before the 3rd. Guess I'll see.

Comment

52 yesterday.

Comment

I didn't post but I was 37. Does anyone know how many will be drawn?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AdvoMatt View Post
              I didn't post but I was 37. Does anyone know how many will be drawn?

100 BUT there are already probably 25-35 people exempt from the drawn for shooting a doe last year. so really only about 70-75 spots available last year 220 apps for about the same number of spots.

Seems like more and more app every year.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                100 BUT there are already probably 25-35 people exempt from the drawn for shooting a doe last year. so really only about 70-75 spots available last year 220 apps for about the same number of spots.

Seems like more and more app every year.
                Thanks for the info. I'm sure the population growth in the area and awareness of public land hunts growing on websites had something to do with it

Comment

I submitted my group this morning and we were 105-107.

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Lick View Post
                    hope we get picked!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Lick View Post
                      Wow not too bad yet last year I think we ended up with 230 apps but still a good week to go so we will see.

Comment

#116. It's time to do away with the group draw. Its not a fair system.

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                          #116. It's time to do away with the group draw. Its not a fair system.

Whats not fair about it?

Comment

Im guessing if you really want to be fair they should not do the exempt spots anymore that would make it really 100 spots to draw for.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
                              Im guessing if you really want to be fair they should not do the exempt spots anymore that would make it really 100 spots to draw for.
                              Yes, that too. The group gets drawn and the numbers apply to the 100 total. The individual has a less chance of getting drawn.

I digress, good luck to everyone.

Last edited by Speedgoat; 06-24-2016, 10:36 AM.

Comment

You guys learn to shoot deer you would be on the exempt list LOL I think the 4 to an application is to cut down on paperwork. If they only allowed one per application then instead of 100 applications of 4 each they would have 400 applications of 1 each.

Comment

Working...
                                X