Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Venison Cabbage Rolls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Wild Kitchen - New Post - Venison Cabbage Rolls

This is how I used the rest of the cabbage my momma left with us. Who knew cabbage could be so good?

Click image for larger version

Name:	38 Venison Cabbage Rolls 2 (420x420).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	126.9 KB
ID:	25086924

Cabbage rolls are one of the things people in Heaven eat!

Comment

Just a note for the Low Carb folks out there. If you are trying to avoid eating rice, you can add cauliflower to make the meat filling for the cabbage.

Break up a head of cauliflower into medium chunks and run it through the food processer in 3 or 4 batches to get pieces a little bigger than grains of rice.

Microwave the chopped cauliflower for 2 minutes at a time mixing after each round until it is mostly cooked but not too soft. It normally takes about 5 trips in our microwave. Lay it on paper towels to absorb some of the water and to cool down. I added a chopped onion to the batch last time and it was really good.

You can use it as a filler or rice substitute. I recently added some to a pork and green chile stew and it was great.

Comment

These look super good! I'm gonna have to try this!

Comment

Originally posted by pontiac View Post
          Just a note for the Low Carb folks out there. If you are trying to avoid eating rice, you can add cauliflower to make the meat filling for the cabbage.

Break up a head of cauliflower into medium chunks and run it through the food processer in 3 or 4 batches to get pieces a little bigger than grains of rice.

Microwave the chopped cauliflower for 2 minutes at a time mixing after each round until it is mostly cooked but not too soft. It normally takes about 5 trips in our microwave. Lay it on paper towels to absorb some of the water and to cool down. I added a chopped onion to the batch last time and it was really good.

You can use it as a filler or rice substitute. I recently added some to a pork and green chile stew and it was great.
          Nice tips! Since the rolls bake for 2 hours or slow cook for 4, is precooking the cauliflower necessary? Just curious. Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Probably no need to pre-cook it then.

Comment

Working...
            X