Gene Howe WMA 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gene Howe WMA 2020

I drew Gun Deer Either Sex at Gene Howe this morning with my dad and my son. We'll be there the 2nd week of November. Anybody else draw Gene Howe?

We drew and hunted it 19 years ago. If anyone has any more recent info on the place, I'd love to learn something. Where are the wheat fields on neighboring private land this year? Which pasture has the 200" typical 12-point in it? Stuff like that.....

congrats. I got nothing for you but this is one that is way up on my list of hunts I'd like to get drawn for. Good luck!

Comment

Thanks. If any place in the Texas draw system has better trophy potential than Chap, it's Gene Howe. Not near as many deer up there, but they're some big ol' Kansas type deer.

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Shane, I remember you posting pics of the last buck you killed there way back in the day. That thing was a hoss.

I'd rather kill a big panhandle WT than a south Texas WT. I only put in for Matador and Gene Howe for GDE for that reason.

Good luck man!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
            Shane, I remember you posting pics of the last buck you killed there way back in the day. That thing was a hoss.

I'd rather kill a big panhandle WT than a south Texas WT. I only put in for Matador and Gene Howe for GDE for that reason.

Good luck man!
            He was just a 7, but he's mounted in my office. Pretty big for a 7pt.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
              I drew Gun Deer Either Sex at Gene Howe this morning with my dad and my son. We'll be there the 2nd week of November. Anybody else draw Gene Howe?

We drew and hunted it 19 years ago. If anyone has any more recent info on the place, I'd love to learn something. Where are the wheat fields on neighboring private land this year? Which pasture has the 200" typical 12-point in it? Stuff like that.....
              I was on Gene Howe last year. Neat place for sure. You can view those wheat fields you speak of, and some of the deer traffic to and from them, from the Middle or North pastures. Good luck!

Comment

Trying to get a map of the place to load................
                Last edited by sandbill; 09-19-2020, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Ill be up there prob 2nd or 3rd week of November as well. Lookin like a good year. Not hunting the WMA but leased some land that borders quite a bit of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RutnBuk View Post
                    Ill be up there prob 2nd or 3rd week of November as well. Lookin like a good year. Not hunting the WMA but leased some land that borders quite a bit of it.
                    Cool!

Comment

Working...
                    X