Barndo business must be good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barndo business must be good

I am having problems getting quotes. I have sent plans to 3 people. I got 1 quote in less than 24 hrs. Nothing from the other 2 in more than 10 days. I have also tried numerous times to call another and get no return call.

I hate to go with just one quote but the price seemed reasonable and he has a good reputation.

Did you get with Dozer on here?

Comment

Nope missed him, I will try to contact him

Comment

that's just builders in general. If you find one that is organized and trust worthy, hang on to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
          that's just builders in general. If you find one that is organized and trust worthy, hang on to them.
          Yep...sad but true.

Comment

Who would be the best for a pre fab metal building ? We are thinking of building a 30 x 50 and building living quarters inside, I have just now started looking around.

Comment

Take into account the service provided by the one quote you got, their reputation, and the fact that it's priced about where you thought it would be. Give that guy your business. My .02.

If they won't call you to try to earn your business, where will they be when there is a problem during construction?

Comment

I had the same problem but mine is nearly done now. Good luck. Not sure where you are trying to build it but I ended up using Tyler Building Solutions and they have done a good job for me. If you need my guys contact number just send me a PM.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by pyrobow View Post
                  I am having problems getting quotes. I have sent plans to 3 people. I got 1 quote in less than 24 hrs. Nothing from the other 2 in more than 10 days. I have also tried numerous times to call another and get no return call.

I hate to go with just one quote but the price seemed reasonable and he has a good reputation.
                  And I thought it was just me. I have gone through the same thing with all sorts of things. I don't understand why folks don't want cash money for services. With my barndo I had Golden Crescent Construction of Victoria bid on it, took my plans there, sat down and talked with them and they never got back with me. It's beyond me on how these places stay in business.
                  Long story short I am doing it myself. I can depend on me

Comment

Sent you a pm pyrobow

Comment

Tagged.

Its not just builders. Roofers, plumbers, car salesmen etc. No reason I should have to wait on you to give my money away

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
                        Who would be the best for a pre fab metal building ? We are thinking of building a 30 x 50 and building living quarters inside, I have just now started looking around.
                        http://http://www.m2steelsystems.com

Comment

Originally posted by bowhntrmatt View Post
                          Take into account the service provided by the one quote you got, their reputation, and the fact that it's priced about where you thought it would be. Give that guy your business. My .02.

If they won't call you to try to earn your business, where will they be when there is a problem during construction?
                          Leaning this way. Kind of goes against what I know. I have been in masonry estimating for more than 15 years. I always have to bid against several others and I get quotes and compare prices on my materials.

Comment

Not always

Originally posted by Triple 7 View Post
                            My son and his FIL’s company, Texas Building Center In Kingsland, have 18 barndo’s in que. Someone could bring them full payment today and their slab could be poured in April 2018. They have that much business.

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                              My son and his FIL’s company, Texas Building Center In Kingsland, have 18 barndo’s in que. Someone could bring them full payment today and their slab could be poured in April 2018. They have that much business.
                              I talked to him last week. What I am building does not work with what they are building

Comment

Working...
                              X