No announcement yet.

65% or 80% letoff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is a 80% because of a partial tear in rotator culf. Going to keep going as long as I can before the surgery.

Comment

80% here

Comment

As an archer, 65% are my choice of let offs on bows, to answer your questions? it all depends, for example. The group of folks you talk to today may admit 80% let off, & other group you talk to the next day may admit nor even agree with a 65% let off. More & more hunters are doing bow hunting, & as they get to know more about their bows, they tend to understand about these let offs. Don’t be surprised if you see the survey on Bow let offs on the coming years, it may shock you about those ratios. Bows that are built now days are a lot more accurate compare to the past. And yes, one more reason more Bow Co.’s are engineering more & more “Hard Wall Cams” at full draw, by doing so, the let off, power stroke (point before the let off) & speed of bow is not compromised. Most bows are built nor comes with a 65% let off, and yes, they no longer consider nor build 80% let off. Hope these answers all your questions, good luck & remember. Aim small, Miss small. }-------> (X)
        D arrow.

Comment

Just checked mine this morning: 83-84% let off. Holding 10.2-10.4 lbs

Originally posted by kornsqueezer View Post
          Mine is a 80% because of a partial tear in rotator culf. Going to keep going as long as I can before the surgery.
          Hope your recovery is minimal. I had a prob 2 years ago with very restricted movoment and loss of strength. I just new I was going to have to have surgery. I could only draw 33 lbs semi-comfortably. But my ortho said we'd try something else first. Shot of cortizone, 4 months of PT, and I got my range of motion back. Now I'm shooting +60 lbs. and hope to get back to 70 something one day. Hang in there Kornsqueezer!
          Last edited by Texas Grown; 07-16-2010, 02:15 PM.

Comment

I guess I'm the odd one out at 75%

Comment

65% here

Comment

Them 80's are certainly less forgiving. Like anything though...gotta get used to it.

Comment

Have some 80% and some 65%

Comment

80%, draw at daylite and wait!

Comment

Currently it's at 80% but I perfer 65% and will be changing cams next time I need a new set of strings.

Comment

80% is what i shoot might even be 20:1

Comment

Working...
                        X