Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 03-19-2018, 01:53 PM   #101
Johnny44
Six Point

You should study “Ted”. You might find that industrialized society and the things that come with it are inevitable and his feelings about what should be done about it.

Then study his take on liberals and what was going on in his life (and other white males) and institutions at that particular time.
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #102
trophy8
Pope & Young

I’m now tuned in for the entertainment

I hope they catch the guy regardless of what he is.
trophy8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 01:59 PM   #103
Johnny44
Six Point

You want “entertainment”, google how the Unabomber almost killed Elmer Keith.

I hope they catch the person too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophy8 View Post
I’m now tuned in for the entertainment

I hope they catch the guy regardless of what he is.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:00 PM   #104
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

A business here in Marble Falls found a suspicious package this afternoon. Marble Falls PD has requested Austin Bomb Squad and have started evacuating nearby business. I hope this is a false alarm.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #105
Johnny44
Six Point

This kinda stuff sucks for sure
Old 03-19-2018, 02:04 PM   #106
125Dad
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coke Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
I'd be ****** if my box was like that one on the wooden crate.....
No worries that one is surely mine.
125Dad is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 02:22 PM   #107
DarrellS
Ten Point

Hunt In: Limestone and Mills Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
You want “entertainment”, google how the Unabomber almost killed Elmer Keith.

I hope they catch the person too.
Elmer!**Where's your hat?**What happened?"

Elmer Keith bareheaded in public was a rare sight.**Not even we who'd known Elmer for a quarter of a century or more had ever seen him away from home without his famous Stetson.**There were even a few who were convinced that his big Stetson was permanently grafted to his scalp.**But here he was, dressed in a suit and carrying his briefcase, but bareheaded.**Clearly, something dramatic and probably catastrophic had occurred.

"My plane caught fire!"

Elmer's eyes were still wide with alarm, and his clothes smelled of smoke.**He said that as his flight out of Chicago was climbing to cruise altitude, the passenger cabin had begun to fill with smoke.**The captain had announced that there was a problem and that instead of flying on to Washington's National Airport, he would make an emergency landing at Dulles International Airport.

When the Boeing 727 stopped rolling, Elmer said, the smoke was so thick that he could barely see the opposite side of the passenger cabin.**The captain had rushed aft, telling everyone to forget everything in the overhead compartments and "just get out!"**Elmer's briefcase was in his lap, his big Stetson stashed overhead out of reach.

Airport medics had set up arrangements to take care of passengers who needed attention.**But Elmer, who could calmly face any number of oncoming lions, buffalo, rhino, or elephant, was scared spitless of doctors, nurses, and hospitals.**So he'd fled.

Somewhere along the way, someone with American Airlines had told the passengers that their luggage and effects (any that hadn't burnt, presumably) would be delivered to them as soon as possible, wherever they would be.**Sooner or later, Elmer would be back to normal under the shade of that familiar and reassuring Stetson brim.

Not until more than sixteen years later, long after my old friend's death, would any of us learn the rest of the story.**Elmer and I spent the afternoon of the next day alone together, talking, and he told me more about the incident than he'd told us a day earlier, but recent events overseas made me guess wrong about the source of the "fire"**on that American Airlines 727.

Remington had invited the usual crowd of gun writers to Washington, DC, for the 1979 new-products seminar and waterfowl shooting at Remington Farms.**Company people met each of us when our flights arrived, and took us to the Remington hospitality suite in a Washington hotel.**Once all the writers had arrived, a chartered Greyhound bus would take us across Chesapeake Bay to a motel near Remington Farms on the east side of the bay.

Elmer's hat and luggage hadn't arrived by the time we boarded the bus for the ride across the bay.**They hadn't arrived by breakfast the next morning.

That morning, we shot ducks and geese.**Elmer borrowed my extra wool shirt and trousers, turned the cuffs back, and went hunting.**After lunch at Remington Farms, when the rest of the boys went off to shoot clay birds, Elmer and I went back to the motel.**After a few minutes, Elmer brought my extra clothes to my room.**His luggage had arrived while we were out waterfowling.**The earth was again spinning on its normal axis, with Elmer's Stetson restored to him.**As he and I always did, every chance we got, we spent the afternoon just sitting, and strolling around the motel, chatting about gun stuff.

Still curious about the fire on the aircraft, I asked Elmer for more details.**He said there'd been a palpable thump and a tremor in the aircraft, then the first thin smoke that had thickened rapidly.

"Elmer, that was a bomb!"

He nodded.**"Yeah, I think you're right."

The bomb had apparently exploded deep inside a cargo hold filled with mail, and the compressible mail had absorbed and attenuated the blast force, then had caught fire and smoldered without flaring into wild, rampaging flames.**So it was most likely a mail or package bomb, already a notorious weapon of terrorists.**We wondered who'd done it.

Ten days before, a mob had stormed the American embassy in Teheran, taking the hostages whom they eventually held for 444 days.**I guessed that Iranian militants had probably mailed that bomb.

The next day, the Washington Post confirmed that it had been a bomb:

"A bomb exploded Thursday in the cargo section of an American Airlines jetliner en route to Washington from Chicago with 80 persons aboard, forcing the 727 to make an emergency landing at Dulles International Airport.**The plane, its passenger compartment filled with smoke, landed safely shortly before 1:00 p.m. at Dulles.**No injuries were reported among the 72 passengers and 8 crew members [12 people treated for smoke inhalation].**'Very quickly the whole fuselage filled with smoke,' said one of the passengers aboard American's flight 444 that was headed for Washington National Airport.**He called the incident 'scary, very scary.'

"No one immediately claimed responsibility for planting the bomb on the plane, and authorities said they had not determined any motive for the incident.**One knowledgeable source noted that if the bomb were sent through the mail, the sender would have had no way of knowing which flight it would have been placed aboard."

The rest of the story didn't become clear until April 1996, in news summaries after an arrest here in western Montana.**On a tip from the suspect's family, the FBI had taken Theodore Kaczynski into custody as the long-sought "Unabomber."**Later catch-up accounts listed Kaczynski's known or attributed bombs, some of them not suspected as having been his work until the FBI examined his diaries and notes.

One of those caught my attention.

When:**14 November 1979

Where:**in the cargo hold of an American Airlines 727, flight 444, from Chicago to Washington.

Elmer's flight.

Copyright 1996, 2002, Dr Kenneth E Howell.**All rights reserved.

Sent from my SM-T827V using Tapatalk
DarrellS is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 03:03 PM   #108
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Didnt the unabomber mail most of his packages? Had the same calling card so he got credit? Generally used the same kind of pipe bomb?

Seems like the Austin guy is actually setting the bombs up himself.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 03:08 PM   #109
Backwoods101
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fort Bend, Gillespie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLivi1224 View Post
Lol. Are you serious right now.
Cant be lol
Backwoods101 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 03:13 PM   #110
Reaper87
Eight Point

Hunt In: Lee county, Mason county

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonA View Post
A business here in Marble Falls found a suspicious package this afternoon. Marble Falls PD has requested Austin Bomb Squad and have started evacuating nearby business. I hope this is a false alarm.
I hope it is and I hope it’s not. If they catch a bomb before it detonated there may be something that will lead them to the bomber. Short of them catching him in the act I don’t know how else they will get him.
Reaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #111
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper87 View Post
I hope it is and I hope it’s not. If they catch a bomb before it detonated there may be something that will lead them to the bomber. Short of them catching him in the act I don’t know how else they will get him.
Ended up being a false alarm. Haven't heard any more details yet.
BrandonA is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 03:20 PM   #112
JLivi1224
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post
Cant be lol
Although perhaps If the perp knows that we know a for sale sign was involved he will flee the country and never be apprehended.

Last edited by JLivi1224; 03-19-2018 at 03:29 PM.
JLivi1224 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 03:32 PM   #113
Encinal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Spite of Wife's Complaints

Quote:
Hey, illegals commit crimes far exceeding this bomber and they want to give sanctuary to them. Why not do the same for the bomber.

People in charge and some of the head LEO’s in Austin are responsible for this because of their liberal warped attitude.
You're on my future to be banned wish list for being a jackwagon. I'm like 15/15 over 10 years, so good luck.
Encinal is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 04:26 PM   #114
rut-ro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla

I’m gonna go out on limb and say the one yesterday was an accidental discharge by the suspects. Two males in their 20s package on the side of the road where all the others have been on door steps. I think they were getting ready to set it when it went off.

Just had a little extra time to brainstorm
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #115
Encinal
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
I’m gonna go out on limb and say the one yesterday was an accidental discharge by the suspects. Two males in their 20s package on the side of the road where all the others have been on door steps. I think they were getting ready to set it when it went off.

Doubt that pretty much, LE would be all over it trying to calm down the public with suspects in custody.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:29 PM   #116
Reaper87
Eight Point

Hunt In: Lee county, Mason county

Quote:

Either that or the bomber is evolving and changing his delivery due to everyone looking for packages on their porch.
Reaper87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #117
Johnny44
Six Point

Well by Gawd, my humble apologies.
Old 03-19-2018, 05:32 PM   #118
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:

I dont think there is any way it is more than one person. Seems odd that this one seemed to have no particular target.

ATF says there was a sign involved, but it wasn't a "for sale" sign like some homeowners have been saying. "That was likely to anchor the package – because when you use a tripwire – you have to use both sides of it so they probably anchored the package to that – and then anchored the other side of the tripwire," said a spokesperson with ATF.........He noted in an earlier press conference that the bombs have different kinds of projectiles within them.......Chief Manley said in a press conference at 1:45 a.m. Monday that the possibility the bomb was triggered by a trip wire and the fact that the explosive device was left next to the road instead of on a front porch like the previous three cases necessitated a new warning to the public.

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austi...tin/1056692545
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 05:42 PM   #119
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Playa, did Dr. Kaczynski confim your analysis of the specific reason why he used bombs? It just so happens you are off base on the exact reasoning.

I mentioned “liberalism” in my first post, are you versed in Dr. Kaczynski’s chapter of such motivations?

My first post was more sarcasm directed toward the liberal idiots and their hipster hypocrisy.

Its likely certain the explosive experts are on the trail.
Yeah, Ted didn’t like the general direction society was moving and felt that industry and technology were degrading the moral fiber, so he used bombs to communicate his message and hurt people at intuitions he felt were progressing the initiative.

Maybe you don’t know who Dexter is so the reference escaped you
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 05:45 PM   #120
rut-ro
Ten Point

Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
I dont think there is any way it is more than one person. Seems odd that this one seemed to have no particular target.

ATF says there was a sign involved, but it wasn't a "for sale" sign like some homeowners have been saying. "That was likely to anchor the package – because when you use a tripwire – you have to use both sides of it so they probably anchored the package to that – and then anchored the other side of the tripwire," said a spokesperson with ATF.........He noted in an earlier press conference that the bombs have different kinds of projectiles within them.......Chief Manley said in a press conference at 1:45 a.m. Monday that the possibility the bomb was triggered by a trip wire and the fact that the explosive device was left next to the road instead of on a front porch like the previous three cases necessitated a new warning to the public.

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austi...tin/1056692545
Well there you go, back to brainstorming
rut-ro is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 06:44 PM   #121
Johnny44
Six Point

Don’t fault me for having a different sense of humor or different set of glasses than some of you, that makes life aweful boring. Nor is it possible to beat your opinions into my head.

I’m at one with the world and gentle as a rabbit, like Kung Fu and stuff.

Laugh a little.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:01 PM   #122
Uncle Saggy
Pope & Young

Why y'all flaming Johnny44?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Uncle Saggy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 08:21 PM   #123
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County

It’s interesting, generally a bomb maker stays “faithful” on a triggering method. This cat is all over the map. LEO is going to have to reverse engineer those rigs to try and find a common thread. And the maker must have others ready to go since he/she can’t go on the open market for materials anymore. Too many folks looking for odd/exotic bulk purchases.
1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 08:23 PM   #124
Encinal
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1369 View Post
It’s interesting, generally a bomb maker stays “faithful” on a triggering method. This cat is all over the map. LEO is going to have to reverse engineer those rigs to try and find a common thread. And the maker must have others ready to go since he/she can’t go on the open market for materials anymore. Too many folks looking for odd/exotic bulk purchases.
Wonder what the materials are? Common household?
Old 03-19-2018, 08:25 PM   #125
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dry Creek Ranch-Real County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
Wonder what the materials are? Common household?
Dunno but I heard an interview this morning with an Austin news producer that some of the components are highly exotic and volitile. So I would think that any bulk purchase would raise a flag.
1369 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 08:27 PM   #126
Johnny44
Six Point

Some of the most potent and sensitive components in an explosive train are so simplistic one would ask themselves “was that discovered by accident the hard way?”. And it doesn’t take a “bulk” purchase to make it.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:30 PM   #127
Johnny44
Six Point

If the ATF and FBI are involved then they have probably already interviewed the bomber umpteen times and released him to the public.

An unfortunate fact of most of the shootings and bombings.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:35 PM   #128
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Not blaming everyone in law enforcement (just the head folks who have popped off at the mouth with their hypocrisy in the past) and I didn’t know this was a “prayer” thread.

I’m making no attempt to profile the bomber either.

Prayers up!

I likely have more “education” on explosives and the mindset of bombers than you’d ever believe.
Quote:
If the ATF and FBI are involved then they have probably already interviewed the bomber umpteen times and released him to the public.

An unfortunate fact of most of the shootings and bombings.
As the educated one on all this, what do you think the next steps will be? Do you think the ATF and FBI bungled this one?
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 08:36 PM   #129
boy wonder
Ten Point

Hunt In: Albany

If only bombs were regulated, or outlawed.......
boy wonder is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 08:44 PM   #130
Johnny44
Six Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by boy wonder View Post
If only bombs were regulated, or outlawed.......
Hey, we have some good people in Texas both military and civillian as long as particular Feds keep their false flag “Agenda” out of it.
Old 03-19-2018, 10:09 PM   #131
justin81
Eight Point

Hunt In: TX, MN, SD

pretty sad my wife had to call the school my daughter attends to see if they were having class today. apparently a lot of schools were shut down.

Time to move!!!! A year in Austin has been enough for me
justin81 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 11:28 PM   #132
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:

Not the case. They were from the neighborhood. There were numerous differences this time compared to the past bombs but materials matched prior bombs.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-19-2018, 11:29 PM   #133
Take Dead Aim
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by justin81 View Post
pretty sad my wife had to call the school my daughter attends to see if they were having class today. apparently a lot of schools were shut down.

Time to move!!!! A year in Austin has been enough for me
2 schools closed and a few were delayed. None with 20 plus miles of you. Del Valle was never on the radar of closing.
Take Dead Aim is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 05:06 AM   #134
Buckshot-73
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Whitney and Glen Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
2 schools closed and a few were delayed. None with 20 plus miles of you. Del Valle was never on the radar of closing.

A 5th bomb has exploded, at a Fedex facility in Schertz. Was headed to Austin.
Buckshot-73 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 05:40 AM   #135
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
A 5th bomb has exploded, at a Fedex facility in Schertz. Was headed to Austin.
Just read that.......crazy mofo's
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 05:43 AM   #136
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

Just heard there are 500 FBI agents on the ground trying to find this psycho. Hopefully they find him quick and kill him.
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 05:51 AM   #137
BURTONboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Man this is crazy. Having a random package show up on my cattleguard after 830 last night doesnt make me want to open it. My wife thinks its from etsy out of Kyle, Tx and we got bombs blowing up on either side of that town. I dont live near Austin, but that doesnt make me want to mess with that package anymore than I already do... Hope they find this bomber soon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 07:18 AM   #138
Encinal
Pope & Young

I think he’s mad at the blueberry.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if this guy was far right ex military.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:29 AM   #139
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

I predicted long ago that this would happen. Politicians can't wait to take our guns away, but the real threat is a bomber who can be somewhere else when his carnage occurs. They will catch this guy eventually, but who knows how many people will be killed and maimed in the mean time. At least, when they use a gun, they have to be present to use it, and they get caught. You can make anything illegal, but you can't make criminals obey the law.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 07:30 AM   #140
sierracharlie338
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere I can.... seems to be pretty limited these days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encinal View Post
I think he’s mad at the blueberry.

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if this guy was far right ex military.
That was my first question, any military? Time will tell I suppose.
sierracharlie338 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 07:37 AM   #141
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

The presence of outside LE in Austin in incredible. Way more than anything I have witnessed.
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 07:45 AM   #142
waterdog
Pope & Young

apd investigating incident at fedex near the airport now?
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 07:55 AM   #143
forest-hunter
Eight Point

Hunt In: Sam

I'm guessing white male, ISIS is usually about making a big public scene, but there is definitely a jihad movement here. There was a Muslim book store right off Ben white. it was always closed and sometimes around mid night there would be hundreds of cars mostly taxis pull up and go into the book store, all Muslim males,(huge parking lot with a golds gym). It is now closed down, but jihad is spray painted nearby, and the meetups were rare but they had a huge meeting on the night of September 11th a few years back.
forest-hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 08:10 AM   #144
Encinal
Pope & Young

Expecting a package from fedex... big camera... arrived at facility last night in Schertz... bleh.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:15 AM   #145
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Package explosion n Schertz FedEx facility

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/...o-no-injuries/

Quote:
The package originated in Austin and was addressed to be delivered back to Austin, KENS reporter Charlie Cooper stated
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 08:23 AM   #146
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Just heard there are 500 FBI agents on the ground trying to find this psycho. Hopefully they find him quick and kill him.
Don't worry. I will wager we don't hear why this guy is doing this. Not unless he blames Trump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BURTONboy View Post
Man this is crazy. Having a random package show up on my cattleguard after 830 last night doesnt make me want to open it. My wife thinks its from etsy out of Kyle, Tx and we got bombs blowing up on either side of that town. I dont live near Austin, but that doesnt make me want to mess with that package anymore than I already do... Hope they find this bomber soon.

Shoot it!
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 08:36 AM   #147
tminc
Eight Point

Hunt In: burnet county,mexico

its someone trying to discourage amazon from moving here,hopefully these 1,000,000 people that have moved here in the last 5 years will go back home now
tminc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 08:44 AM   #148
BURTONboy
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Shoot it!
Haha, she'll po'd if I go that route and its the sign she thinks it is!

As for the bomber, I do hope he/she is caught alive so we can get answers. But I do agree that even if he/she is the answers we get will be few. Seems we never hear the whole truth anymore. But I pray this individual is caught soon and no more innocent people are harmed.

BURTONboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 09:27 AM   #149
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default Teens?

We should encourage our kids to protest the 1st amendment and push for internet censorship (since anyone could find bomb making instructions online). Those kids could be really inspirational.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-20-2018, 09:40 AM   #150
ultrastealth
Ten Point

Hunt In: Camp Wood, TX

I really didn't need another reason to stay out of Austin, but OK.
ultrastealth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top