.300 Blackout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.300 Blackout

I have a friend who wants to buy a new AR-15 in 300 Blackout, which is a good entry level brand that is good quality, and he will use for killing hogs on our hunting lease. I use an AR with an 7.62 x 39 round and it is a HOG Slayer

Subscribed...I've been thinking about this too.
    Any thoughts on this one?

Comment

Is he planning on suppressing it?

If not then there are many other non-hyped rounds that will do the job far better and still have factory ammo available.

Your 7.62x39 is one of them even if I do not care for the caliber personally.

Comment

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
          Subscribed...I've been thinking about this too.
          Any thoughts on this one?
          https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/prod...15835010977.do
          Non- Floated bbl will have issues with accuracy.

Comment

WWMDD.
            What would Mike D do?
            He will be along shortly

Comment

I like the PSA for 300 blk. No need for a match grade brush gun.

Comment

I have a Radical firearms .300bo and love it. Have never had an issue with it and it’s put down a couple hogs with 110gr vmax

Comment

I built my sbr from aero precision. Nothing but good things to say. For an 8” barrel it’s pretty accurate and suppressed it’s nice. I Had to upgrade to a heavy buffer to cycle properly but it runs like a dream.

Comment

Built my .300 using an Aero Precision upper, bcg, hand guard and lower. Used an Odin works barrel and adjustable gas block. Then dropped in a Geissele SSAe trigger. It's a fun gun and accurate as well. I run it without a scope. Use an Eotech HWS instead. Very easy to locate the hog and when the red dot is on him it's a hit.

Comment

I built mine with the lowest price parts i could find. Anderson lower, PSA upper and parts. Shoots lights out up to 150 yards with subs. Never shot it further so I can't say if it's good or not. But with a 9 inch barrel and a can it's fun as hell and kills the chit outta pigs from the truck.

Comment

I found a deal on an aac upper. It's been good to me and bad on pigs, yotes and pigs.

It's not picky on boolits either

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks, for the replies.

Comment

If your friend is going supressed and doesn't reload 300 BO is a good way to go, as Outbreaker stated their are other calibers out there that will do the job as well or better, have him take a look at the 6.5 Grendel, I have taken alot of pigs and deer with it and it performs really well.

Comment

Budget guns ain’t my thing but CMMG, Palmetto State Armory, Smith & Wesson, Radical Firearms would All fit the bill for what you buddy is looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X