Eating male vs female meat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last year we got a buck and every time I ate the venison, I literally felt much more mentally alert and sharp. It was a noticeable affect, I thought maybe it was from eating wild game. This season I shot a sow, and never felt the alertness after eating. Then I shot a doe, and same deal never felt anything mentally just satisfied from eating. Then I got a boar and to my surprise after eating the back strap of the boar I had that increased alertness,. I probably sound crazy but has anyone else experienced this.? I'm wondering if the testosterone in the meat has an affect on our brain. I got to thinking that farmers castrate the animals young so we don't get much testosterone in meat unless you hunt or farm yourself.
    Last edited by forest-hunter; 02-07-2018, 06:02 AM.

No

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
      I probably sound crazy

Probably?

DJ

Comment

Originally posted by DJM View Post
        Probably?

DJ
        Lol!

Comment

YES!!!! But I could've been all hyped up on Mountain Dew when I ate.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
            YES!!!! But I could've been all hyped up on Mountain Dew when I ate.
            Thanks for sharing that high speed I was hoping someone else would have experienced this.

Comment

I kept waiting for the punch line

Comment

Originally posted by forest-hunter View Post
                Last year we got a buck and every time I ate the venison, I literally felt much more mentally alert and sharp. It was a noticeable affect, I thought maybe it was from eating wild game. This season I shot a sow, and never felt the alertness after eating. Then I shot a doe, and same deal never felt anything mentally just satisfied from eating. Then I got a boar and to my surprise after eating the back strap of the boar I had that increased alertness,. I probably sound crazy but has anyone else experienced this.? I'm wondering if the testosterone in the meat has an affect on our brain. I got to thinking that farmers castrate the animals young so we don't get much testosterone in meat unless you hunt or farm yourself.

Interesting....

In my opinion the meat from female animals always taste better, has a cleaner flavor/smell and is more tender mostly due to less testosterone. I don't eat boars and prefer not to shoot bucks because the meat just isn't as good as female meat.

Comment

Not.
                  Gonna.
                  Do.
                  It.

Comment

Never ate a male, just not my cup of tea. Not judging those that do but me, I will stick to females [emoji39]
                    Last edited by Brazos Hunter; 02-07-2018, 06:47 AM.

Comment

Interesting, got me to thinking...Do they make decaf coffee from female beans?

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        Not.
                        Gonna.
                        Do.
                        It.
                        Me neither this is not going to go well

Comment

anyone have some tin foil I can borrow????

Comment

I thought this was simply “click bait” but the question was far crazier than the title.

Comment

Could be whatever you smoked before you ate the male meat as opposed to the female meat.

Seriously?

Comment

Working...
                              X