Tower blind tie down ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower blind tie down ideas

Wind knocked my blind down yesterday. Luckily only two windows broken and other than that just gotta get it pulled back up.

Do the green screen geniuses think putting t-posts on each leg will be enough to secure this thing or should I go bigger?
    Last edited by Z7X; 11-19-2017, 01:23 PM.

We have always tied our legs to t-post. However, if its taller than 15' we also put cables from the corners and tied them to t-post. May be over kill, but we never lost one.

Comment

Take a t post, weld rebar on both sides to make a t. Take your cable and loop it around the t post and drive it in at an angle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Take a ratchet strap from the center of the base down to a screw in ground anchor or a 55 gl barrel full of rocks. Then run a guy wire from an eye bolt in each corner near the roof out20-30 ft. That should solve your problem..it sure did ours.

Comment

We stake ours down with 4 t-post on on the corners as well as 500lbs concrete in a Barrel with a tie rod in the center.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
            Take a ratchet strap from the center of the base down to a screw in ground anchor or a 55 gl barrel full of rocks. Then run a guy wire from an eye bolt in each corner near the roof out20-30 ft. That should solve your problem..it sure did ours.
            This... you can substitute concrete bags for rocksin east tx

Comment

Cut down a medium sized tree and set the blind straddling the stump. Run wire rope from stump to the underside of the blind and tighten with a turnbuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Winman View Post
                I drove 2 t-posts into the ground directly under the blind--crossed them at the top, then tied/wired off from the 4 corners of the blind base to the crossed t-posts.

Comment

Originally posted by dustoffer View Post
                  I drove 2 t-posts into the ground directly under the blind--crossed them at the top, then tied/wired off from the 4 corners of the blind base to the crossed t-posts.

This is what I did to the 4 20’ towers on my family’s place. Been standing for years and years.

Skinny

Comment

Screw in anchors.

Comment

I had three or four on the ground in Runnels Co. tying them to sucker rods we drove in the ground. After I started tying them to bushes and small mesquites we never had another fall. Those arid country bushes have deep, strong roots !

Comment

We use one t post driven deep into the ground centered under the stand. Drill hole in top of post and attach a chain from the t post to the bottom center of the tower base. Tighten with a good sized turn buckle. Never had one fall this way.

Comment

Can try and drill in the mobile home tie downs that screw in. Like dog tie downs but bigger if the soil is soft. Or 55 gallon drum with concrete and i bolt

Comment

Mobile home anchor in center. Cable and turnbuckle from each corner back to the center and tighten up, keeps critters and cattle from rubbing on the guy wires plus mowing around blind is easier. On others I have driven T-post at each leg at an angle and tie wired tight to blind leg. I did have one setup in very like this in very sandy soil that blew over. Changed to the mobile home anchor setup, no issues to date.

Comment

Originally posted by chief262 View Post
                              Screw in anchors.
                              Or you can use t-post drove as an anchor tied with tie wire. In rocky soil drill holes with hammer drill at least 14”s deep and then drive t-post.

Comment

Working...
                              X