Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And get a timney for $100 if you get a rem 700

Comment

Pm me. I've got a 700 in a b&c medalist tan stock with medium badger bolt knob and 20moa rail with timney I may let go in 308. It's got about 20 rounds on it. Decided I wanted a long action. It has a standard barrel so non varmint or bull.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
        buy a Tikka T3 for $500 and be done with it
        Pretty sound advice here.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
          buy a Tikka T3 for $500 and be done with it
          This right here. I just ordered a T3 today from EuroOptics for$498.00.
          Going to use the action for a build.

Comment

Aint happenin.

You can buy a heavy barrel Remington 700 with good glass for 1,200. With good ammo and some practice, you can out shoot all the pretty 3,000 dollar guns with pretty stocks, nightforce scopes, and cans on the end of em....

Just sayin.

Comment

That's a bold statement right there, care to back it up...?

Comment

Lets look at his originial post. He said build a rifle for deer or hogs. Maybe he meant assemble? To most on here building a rifle means an all out custom. When we look back though we all started small (related to our budget) and worked up. The sky is the limit on custom builds. He never said custom. If he meant assemble, rifle and scope then I say thats possible for what he has described its use to be, especially a 100 yd gun. I currently have a plastic 700ADL i purchased for a build and put a Vortex scope on it and it shoots factory ammo sub moa to 200 yds. I have 850 in this gun. So if he just wants a shooter to take out and kill some hogs a deer or two and punch paper at 100 yds it can be done. Now if you want a gun that shoots bug holes and sub moa out beyond 600....well get out your checkbook. Remember rifles are a tool and should be built or assembled for its specific use.

Webstertroy. ...a little more info in your original post would have saved all this fuss, thougb it was amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by MasonCo. View Post
                  Aint happenin.

You can buy a heavy barrel Remington 700 with good glass for 1,200. With good ammo and some practice, you can out shoot all the pretty 3,000 dollar guns with pretty stocks, nightforce scopes, and cans on the end of em....

Just sayin.
                  Mhm... yeah that ain't gonna happen if you put someone behind the "pretty guns" if they can shoot. A custom gun paired with someone that can shoot will outshoot factory all day everyday and twice on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                    Mhm... yeah that ain't gonna happen if you put someone behind the "pretty guns" if they can shoot. A custom gun paired with someone that can shoot will outshoot factory all day everyday and twice on Sunday.
                    Was being slightly sarcastic... For what he was asking in his first post about a good gun that's accurate and can kill deer and pigs a 700 with a decent scope is all you need.

Comment

Aint happenin.

Just sayin.
                      Uh oh....its on now....

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Was being slightly sarcastic... For what he was asking in his first post about a good gun that's accurate and can kill deer and pigs a 700 with a decent scope is all you need.
                        That I will agree with. I see people buy a $300 savage gun/scope combo and do exactly what he wants to do with it daily. For what he is looking to do (~100 yards) a custom gun is not needed. By all means if you want one, they sure are neat WT.

Comment

Originally posted by Fajkus7 View Post
                          That I will agree with. I see people buy a $300 savage gun/scope combo and do exactly what he wants to do with it daily. For what he is looking to do (~100 yards) a custom gun is not needed. By all means if you want one, they sure are neat WT.
                          Yup.
                          The big thread on the ruger predator seems to fit this needs.

Comment

Once you get your rifle put together...lol. you can use it to blow up that keroseen heater you put gas in...lol. big boom...sorry read that post a bit ago...couldn't resist.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Why not get a Ruger American Predator that everyone is raving about for around $400? Put you a 500 dollar scope on her and be done with it. I've seen some pretty impressive groups posted from guys on here.

Comment

Gun Broker has a new M77 Heavy Varmint Target in 6.5 Creedmore for under $700

Comment

Working...
                                X