This Weather is Ridiculous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This Weather is Ridiculous

Spending all day in my ground blind in 85 Degree Duval County today wearing shorts and sweating my butt off got me thinking. If I was the Ruler of Texas, bow season would start at the beginning of November and the 2 week late doe season would conclude at the end of February.
    It's normally way too hot in October to enjoy hunting, for me anyway. I hunted over 30 times last season, from Oct-Jan, and I only caught 2 days that were below 80. I typically hunt from 11:00AM till dark and yes, I realize it's cooler in the mornings, just seems that the great hunting weather in South Texas doesn't get going until late January.
    Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same, high in the 80's.
    Guess I should take up winter surfing or move to Idaho.

Yep. Wearing shorts and flip flops and sweating on December 27. Incredible.

Comment

Yup....I was down in Corpus area for 4 days for Christmas and it was freaking miserable. 70-75 degrees and humid as a mutha. Absolutely miserable for a fatboy used to DFW humidity. Even my brother who has lived all his life at the coast said it was a humid summidge. Taking a shower and starting to sweat immediately is no way to stay clean.

Comment

I didn't even go. Too hot. Late December. Wow.

Comment

Haven't gone since last Friday for this very reason, way to hot to deer hunt!

Comment

Had to break out the Thermacell this afternoon...

Comment

I'd be at the coast fishing with those kind of temps.

Comment

Haven,t been out in two weeks. Ducks all flew back north for those that showed up, deer will probably start dropping antlers thinking spring is here

Comment

Forecast shows it making it to 79 today in San Angelo. Bunch of crap!!!!

Comment

I hear ya. I took this whole week off a while back with plans of hunting every day. Instead, I'm getting stuff done at home. Hunting just isn't the same when you're sweating.

Comment

I killed a rattlesnake on Christmas day. He was out and active, rattled at me.

Comment

True above. I was in Laredo yesterday and it is miserable. Finally have a couple days to hunt now that I am back home and don't even think I am going to the ranch as this isn't killing weather for me. :-)

Comment

Go MLD. Five months to deer hunt. October thru February.

Comment

How bout sign? Rubs or scrapes in S. Texas, Kingsville area for me. Not much seen.
                            What happened to our bucks? Where are they?

My new strategy now is to check game cams daily until they start moving again. LOL
                            I'm a game cam hunter, too darn hot/humid to sit out there and wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Rancho View Post
                              Spending all day in my ground blind in 85 Degree Duval County today wearing shorts and sweating my butt off got me thinking. If I was the Ruler of Texas, bow season would start at the beginning of November and the 2 week late doe season would conclude at the end of February.
                              It's normally way too hot in October to enjoy hunting, for me anyway. I hunted over 30 times last season, from Oct-Jan, and I only caught 2 days that were below 80. I typically hunt from 11:00AM till dark and yes, I realize it's cooler in the mornings, just seems that the great hunting weather in South Texas doesn't get going until late January.
                              Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same, high in the 80's.
                              Guess I should take up winter surfing or move to Idaho.
                              They moved turkey season later so ya never know...

Comment

Working...
                              X