Arrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow?

I just got some beman ics 340's. They are cut to 28in, I want to add either a 20 grain or 50 grain weight to the front. Will the arrow still be spined correctly? I'm shooting a bear carnivore at about 65lbs.

28" draw length? 100gr broadheads?

If so, I think you should be fine. I'm shooting a similar setup: ChillX 27.5" dl, 63lbs, 125gr Slick Trick Mags with 75gr insert.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyb_23 View Post
      I just got some beman ics 340's. They are cut to 28in, I want to add either a 20 grain or 50 grain weight to the front. Will the arrow still be spined correctly? I'm shooting a bear carnivore at about 65lbs.
      whats your draw length, what weight head?

Comment

100gr head and 28in draw

Comment

you will be fine. no issues at all with the 20 grain addition. if you add the 50 and start to get a weak spine reaction take .500" off the shaft and it should be good as well. but "about" 65#'s really isn't good enough at +/- 2#'s the spine really starts to get critical especially with more tip weight.

Comment

Originally posted by muddyfuzzy View Post
            you will be fine. no issues at all with the 20 grain addition. if you add the 50 and start to get a weak spine reaction take .500" off the shaft and it should be good as well. but "about" 65#'s really isn't good enough at +/- 2#'s the spine really starts to get critical especially with more tip weight.

Ok thanks, I just backed it if til I could draw easily.

Comment

Working...
            X