No announcement yet.

"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TXRN and I saw 3 pigs and probably a dozen deer out there Saturday AM. They had their nikes on and we couldn't get a shot.

I need to bring a lucky Carnage with me next time lol

Comment

I was out there Saturday morning. Just scouting about. I didn't walk in because I wasn't hunting, saw some cars parked and didn't want to ruin anyones day with a casual stroll. Anyway, I did see a couple of guys with shotguns and cammo heading in from pt 7 in the San Gabriel area, kayak put-in spot. So, let me ask this .... how much orange is everyone wearing??

I am new to Texas hunting and really haven't hunted in quite awhile. The gunners I saw had no cammo and I know there is some percentage required. I actually spoke with a Williamson county game warden and he confirmed when I asked him about this. Makes no sense but he said public land means wearing orange.

Thanks, -FB

Comment

Originally posted by fatboytx View Post
        I was out there Saturday morning. Just scouting about. I didn't walk in because I wasn't hunting, saw some cars parked and didn't want to ruin anyones day with a casual stroll. Anyway, I did see a couple of guys with shotguns and cammo heading in from pt 7 in the San Gabriel area, kayak put-in spot. So, let me ask this .... how much orange is everyone wearing??

I am new to Texas hunting and really haven't hunted in quite awhile. The gunners I saw had no cammo and I know there is some percentage required. I actually spoke with a Williamson county game warden and he confirmed when I asked him about this. Makes no sense but he said public land means wearing orange.

Thanks, -FB

Standard orange vest and hat usually covers what is required. It’s a strange rule, but the bird hunters don’t need it at Granger. Supposed to wear it for deer and hog hunting out there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
          That's a good way to get someone a nasty ticket. CoE don't play when it comes to population management, their rules are different.

Looks like the website is even down now, must be the shutdown. Better stop by Duchess first to pick them up before you go.
          I just pulled up the Corps web site and it doesn't show any tags or permits for hog hunting. As near as I can tell, you need (1) Texas hunting license (2) Texas Annual Public Hunting (APH) permit to hunt Granger Lake.

Here is the Corps link to Granger Lake ...

Nope ... still can't post a link. Just go to US Army Corps of Engineers, Fort Worth District, Granger Lake, Recreation, Hunting.

Comment

Missing Link ... CoE Granger Lake Hunting.

Comment

Thanks, -FB
              Public land doesn't mean wearing orange, not every WMA anyway.

As a rule, Orange is required when any gun season is open. Also as a rule, migratory game bird hunters are exempt from this requirement.

At Granger WMA Orange is always required (except by migratory game bird hunters) as there is ALWAYS a gun season open; shotgun hunting is allowed year 'round for small game.

Comment

Originally posted by zins708 View Post
                Standard orange vest and hat usually covers what is required. It’s a strange rule, but the bird hunters don’t need it at Granger. Supposed to wear it for deer and hog hunting out there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Migratory birds no orange. Quail. Yes

Comment

Hunter Orange and "Tags"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all can hunt without hog tags all you want, but I don't want to hear anyone crying when you get that fine.

Comment

I was showing that you have to have a CoE permit (or "tags") at Granger because its a permit lake.

Comment

I gotcha, hog tags are a must!

I am curious about the orange though... the COE and TPWD rules conflict pretty drastically.

Attached Files

Comment

In the guide I posted above, it says that all permitted lakes (Granger being one of them) requires hunter orange

Comment

So, I called the Granger office and a ranger said ... for hunting hogs ... all you need is Texas hunting license and APH permit.

Comment

So, I called the Granger office and a ranger said ... for hunting hogs ... all you need is Texas hunting license and APH permit.
                              Then good luck, despite all the evidence to the contrary

Comment

You are the reason this keeps going...!

Comment

Working...
                                X