No announcement yet.

Getting rid of fleas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tend to overkill, but if it were me I would bomb the house 3 times over a two week period. In the meantime, I would spray the yard with permitherin, demon, malathion about every 3 days for two weeks. Also, during that time I would spread lime over the entire yard several times. Even get the sprecticide that goes on the water hose and spray it across the yard. Try to make it so toxic that if a bird flies across it crashes and burns! That’s just me though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bayer tree and shrub concentrate, spread the concentrate down the dogs back once a month and mix it up and spray the yard. Cheap and effective

Comment

Originally posted by twistedmidnite View Post
        Bayer tree and shrub concentrate, spread the concentrate down the dogs back once a month and mix it up and spray the yard. Cheap and effective
        This stuff?

#html-body [data-pb-style="660F61FD77296"]{justify-content: flex-start; display: flex; flex-direction: column; background-position: left top; background-size: cover; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: scroll; border-style: none; border-width: 1px; border-radius: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 10px;}

Comment

Seven dust for the yard and dog kennel and ivomec for your dog. Buy it at the tractor supply store.

Comment

Bifen I/T spray the yard and inside the house, repeat in 7 days.

Comment

Originally posted by BO-N-ARO View Post
              Spread DE on the yard to kill the fleas. It’s safe for the dogs and kids.

What’s DE??

Comment

Diatomaceous Earth

Comment

Diatomaceous earth- for sale on Amazon and any other gardening supplier

Comment

Awesome. Thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      Looks like it, iv got an old jug iv had for years as it doesn't take much per dog. Just make sure its the non fertilized version. Just pour a dab down their back and rub it in. Fleas and ticks are gone.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post
                        I tend to overkill, but if it were me I would bomb the house 3 times over a two week period. In the meantime, I would spray the yard with permitherin, demon, malathion about every 3 days for two weeks. Also, during that time I would spread lime over the entire yard several times. Even get the sprecticide that goes on the water hose and spray it across the yard. Try to make it so toxic that if a bird flies across it crashes and burns! That’s just me though!

This is the approach I took a few years back. Bombed the house 3 times. And drenched the yard with a flea yard treatment three times. It seemed to do the trick as I did not have any issues after that.

Comment

You can also get a food grade DE to put in your dogs food. We use it for "my wife's" cats and we actually never have a problem with fleas. I think she my also give them a pill occasionally, but they belong to her, so I am not positive about that part.

Comment

Originally posted by Txmusfan View Post
                            You can also get a food grade DE to put in your dogs food. We use it for "my wife's" cats and we actually never have a problem with fleas. I think she my also give them a pill occasionally, but they belong to her, so I am not positive about that part.

DE has no effect on fleas when taken internally. Viewed under a microscope in is very jagged, having lots if sharp edges. Spread lightly on the dogs fur It gets in & under its the fleas exoskeleton and cuts, dehydrating/killing it. It will though, help with internal parasites (worms) when taken internally.
                            Last edited by locolobo; 05-28-2020, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post

Permitherin worked for us last year too. Sprayed the house the yard the patio several times a month. Super cheap and effective. Bifenthrin for the flies that were also terrible last year.

Comment

This would be the time I wouldn't hesitate to call a professional exterminator. Fleas are the devil to get rid of.

Comment

Working...
                                X