I’ve never asked for prayers on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve never asked for prayers on here

My cousin found out yesterday that her 20 month old daughter has cancer in both of her eyes. They fly out to Philadelphia tomorrow to the best doctors in the US that treat this rare cancer. We are all taking it hard and don’t know what the future holds. I’m going to post what my cousins husband posted on his Facebook page because it explains what is happening.

Hey everybody. Our sweet daughter Adaline has bilateral retinoblastoma. A rare eye cancer in both of her eyes. We just found Thursday and confirmed Friday by 2 different doctors in Dallas. I had the same cancer when I was under a year old and was treated for several years which included radiation treatment and enucleation, removal of my left eye due to severity of tumors. Ady is 20 months old now and we just starting seeing the dreaded "cats eye glare". Ady's current stage on her right eye is a D and her left is somewhere between a C and D. The scale is A-E. E being the worse. So this is very serious and we have to act fast. Some of the the best cancer and retinal doctors on retinoblastoma are located at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This is where we are flying out to tomorrow. We have appointments to get further evaluated and to start a treatment plan asap. The goal is to keep Ady healthy by slowing down and stoping potential spreading (seeding) of the tumors. With it being in both eyes, it is more prone for it to be elsewhere in her body. We are hoping blood results etc, will result in no findings of any spread out of the eyes. We hope and pray Ady can retain her eyes and eyesight and know she will beat cancer like her daddy did so long ago. Unfortunately my BCBS health insurance policy is not covering any of her office visits and will doubtfully cover MRI, treatment, chemotherapy, etc. I am actively selling a lot of things right now to help us cover expenses out of pocket and traveling to Philly expenses. We will better know the severity of cancer in both of the eyes, possible spread, and a action plan to stop and erase this all next week hopefully. I have the upmost faith and praise for Dr. Shields and her team at Wills Eye. They have wrote the book and paved the way for handling this cancer. We know there is going to be huge expenses coming our way so we have created a GoFundMe for Adaline to help cover flights from Dallas to Philly, treatment sessions. We just want this to be over and for her to continue being a happy healthy sweet little girl. Hilary and I have nothing but faith in knowing she will be just fine. I will try and update as we learn new things. I want Retinoblastoma to be more recognized. Please feel free to share my post for Ady. She is our everything and we will not stop until this is past her. There is no other option. Thank you.

Hi there, I started a GoFundMe fundraiser for Help for Adaline. I would really appreciate if you can help share this fundraiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers Sent

Comment

Prayers up! Always hate to see the babies in situations like this.

Comment

Goodness, prayers for everyone!!!!

Comment

Prayers sent for her and the whole family. Do you have a link to the gofundme?

Comment

Gosh I hate seeing little ones hit with cancer. Prayers up for Ady and the family.

Comment

May our Lord Jesus Christ heal this child.

Comment

Prayers for Ada

Comment

`Breaks my heart to see the little ones like this. God Bless & Prayers Up for The Family.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

prayers sent for Adaline and family

Comment

Prayers sent, breaks my heart

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by buckfever12 View Post
                            Prayers sent for her and the whole family. Do you have a link to the gofundme?
                            I’m not sure I can post it on here but I will message it to you. Thank you.

Comment

Prayers sent

Comment

Working...
                              X