Feel like I got Di@ked at D ick's!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BETTERLUCKYTHANGOOD View Post
    That's the spirit....handful of salt for that gapping wound!!!!
    I told him the deal I got so it could maybe help him get a deal done. I like him drove 100 miles for my deal

Comment

I got a 6.5 and a shotgun, did the background (governments website was down and it took 3 hours) and went to check out. While checking out I saw a guy getting a shockwave and decided I needed one too. So, I went to the back of the line.

Waited around for about 90 more minutes to find out the guy I saw at the counter getting the shockwave, got the last one. And I waited around for nothing. The kids working the counter and the manager had been working for hours straight, you can imagine what the sale did to their free time. The gun counter was a mad house.

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
        I told him the deal I got so it could maybe help him get a deal done. I like him drove 100 miles for my deal
        Figured so, but I couldn't resist.

Comment

The signs I saw had the 25% off sale ending on Sunday night, is anywhere still honoring the 25% off?

Comment

I was kicking myself for not buying an axis with the 25%off at $379 I think. Looked online today and cabellas had the axis at $279 plus I'll still get the savage rebate. It's ordered. All said and done my scope will cost more than the rifle.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
              I'd write a letter to higher ups. They made an offer to sell and you accepted. That is a completed sale. It's not like it was just sitting of a shelf incorrectly marked. You had direct interaction with sales staff and even gave them multiple opportunities to correct the error prior to the sale. You have at least $40 in fuel costs associated with this. Keep it professional and don't be an ***** about it, pointing out that you spent a good amount with them anyways. Not saying you will get the gun but they should go out of their way to make it right. They already know you have multiple options to spend your cash elsewhere. Good luck.
              I agree that it’s a screwed up deal, and I would write a letter to their corporate On the other hand, a sale is not completed until money changes hands!

Comment

The clerk made an error. The 25% off was until Sunday. You should have been there over the weekend if you wanted a great deal.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

It was on Sunday!! And sale was still going on..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nozzlenut View Post
                    It was on Sunday!! And sale was still going on..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
                    Oh, I read the original post as it was yesterday. Nevermind

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BULL21 View Post
                      I agree that it’s a screwed up deal, and I would write a letter to their corporate On the other hand, a sale is not completed until money changes hands!
                      Poor choice of words on my part. If an offer is made and it is accepted then a verbal contract of sale has been established. However the exchange of money does not complete a sale but the satisfying of all terms by both parties of said contract.

Comment

I went out of my way on the way home from the deer lease on Sunday (Bee Cave Store) to check out the deals. All ammo looked marked up from the prices I'm used to seeing and gun counter picked over pretty good.
                        The lines at the register were crazy long too, It would have to have been a heck of a deal to stand in that sucker.

I called a Field & Stream store (they carry pistols & Dicks doesn't) for a price on a pistol I've been jonesing and the price they gave, after 25% off & + tax was still about $40 more than Buds even after FFL fee was considered.

I'm happy for those who got a "great deal", it just wasn't meant to be for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X