No announcement yet.

Kid Gets Bullied At Burger King

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This subject worries me. My son is 7, and a super sweet kid, he gets along with everyone. Being an only child, and mostly just being around his big cousins and other good kids, I worry as he gets older he won't recognize that kind of meanness, and could become a target, and even more that he may not know what to do if one of his friends bullies someone. I've talked to him about it a little, and I'm going to again before he starts 2nd grade next week.

I'm ashamed to say, I have been on both sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      Slave day is something my generation took part in...thats not bullying that's a right of passage. Bullying is not as prevelant as the media makes it.out to be. Actually most of it is horse hock and kids should be taught to punch a bully in the face or kick'em in the sack.
      I comprehend fine.
      Calling it knock about or boys being boys or any other thing than bullying is BS. That's the thing that enables bullies to continue.
      Your kid stands up and fights back and he/she gets an assault citation.
      I have zero tolerance for bullies.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        I comprehend fine.
        Calling it knock about or boys being boys or any other thing than bullying is BS. That's the thing that enables bullies to continue.
        Your kid stands up and fights back and he/she gets an assault citation.
        I have zero tolerance for bullies.

Ok, cool

Comment

I hate bullies. Kid bullies, workplace bullies, political bullies, all of them. It probably goes back to an incident in the 7th grade - I tried to stand up for a nerdy kid that was getting picked on and a bigger kid thrashed me good. I did learn that I could take a beating and not die, so I got something out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            This subject worries me. My son is 7, and a super sweet kid, he gets along with everyone. Being an only child, and mostly just being around his big cousins and other good kids, I worry as he gets older he won't recognize that kind of meanness, and could become a target, and even more that he may not know what to do if one of his friends bullies someone. I've talked to him about it a little, and I'm going to again before he starts 2nd grade next week.

It’s a tough situation to deal with. In our day if someone messed with you, you popped them in the mouth and it ended. Now they kick your kid out of school if he defends himself.
            Like you, I hate to say I have been on both ends. I’d like to think I wasn’t a constant bully, but looking back I’m sure the other kids weren’t always having the same fun I was.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
              I hate bullies. Kid bullies, workplace bullies, political bullies, all of them. It probably goes back to an incident in the 7th grade - I tried to stand up for a nerdy kid that was getting picked on and a bigger kid thrashed me good. I did learn that I could take a beating and not die, so I got something out of it.
              Until 9th grade I got plenty of bullying from older kids. 1st week of 9th grade I popped the punk most responsible in the chops, never had another incident from anyone.

Comment

Bullies been around since we been walking on our hind legs. The ones I was in school with all ended up being losers, actually they were losers in school, just we all did not know it at the time. And their parents were idiots as well.

Watching that video shows to me that no one wants to start issues with other peoples children. The next thing you know is the bully's parents try to sue you or make up false accusations. Its a product of our society, lot of kids dont even know their dad.

I would like to say more but reckon I might hurt some feelings or something.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                  Until 9th grade I got plenty of bullying from older kids. 1st week of 9th grade I popped the punk most responsible in the chops, never had another incident from anyone.
                  Yeah when I got older I won a few scraps and got my pride back. I gotta think though, that taking that first whippin probably helped. You got to get punched a few times to get over the fear of it.

Comment

Yeah when I got older I won a few scraps and got my pride back. I gotta think though, that taking that first whippin probably helped. You got to get punched a few times to get over the fear of it.
                    Yes sir, getting whipped while defending yourself or while trying to help someone else is a great learning experience. It enables you a person to realize it ain't that bad, it builds courage, and should make.one proud of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Just keep talking to him every so often and reiterating right vs wrong with some age appropriate examples and keep him humble. The bullies that I've seen are the ones who see and hear their parents/siblings/family acting condescending to others and have a sense of entitlement/I'm better than you type of attitude. Putting your kid on a pedestal and let them think they can do no wrong is the worst thing a parent can do. My oldest is a senior this year and I definitely know some of those kids in his class and it shows.

Comment

Yep you can always get over an *** whipping
                        One thing I was taught by my grandfather he always told me boy you can get over getting whipped but you will never get over being a coward ol man was tuff and just a little mean

Comment

I’ve got one going in to 6th and one in to 2nd. Our conversation has been don’t start it but you’d best stop it. Mine have been told if they stop it and get suspended, I’ll take off and we’ll go fishing. I wish kids could stop it without fear of trouble but such is life.

Comment

I took a few whippings but always got a shot or two in to make them earn it. The worst thing was watching a guy I had been friends with for years turn into a bully. As a junior he was slamming 7th graders into lockers and I stepped in to stop it. He and a couple of his goons took turns holding and hitting me.
                            We worked on it later when he was alone and had a one on one.
                            That said that was back then. Times have changed and this ain't the backwoods.
                            One of my wife's friends kid ended up in the hospital after standing up to a bully. Broken bones and cuts. There seems to be more meanness in the big city schools.

Last edited by DRT; 08-16-2018, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I like the way the lady in the black shirt handled it. Introduced herself, invaded their space, shook hands and told them to leave. Then sat down and ate dinner with the kid being bullied.

For those who said nothing you could tell by the looks on the faces they didn't approve of the bully's actions, most just didn't, or didn't know how, to respond. From my experience you can't really do much without being a bully yourself and end up getting swats for fighting.

Comment

It would be easy to teach him where, how, and when to hit a bully, but the pussies in charge these days would just put a mark on his name....and hang him out to dry...he and I both. How would I explain that to him???

I know exactly how it used to be done. I executed it in middle school, high school, and in at least 2 bars on north side, some time thereafter. Sadly, boys can't be boys anymore without going to jail.

Liberals have taken away our kids ability to defend themselves....come to think of it....a lot more of their agenda makes sense now...

Comment

Working...
                                X