No announcement yet.

Pimp my krivoman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am considering using pop rivets to attach the plexiglass peek windows - do you happen to know how thick the blind wall is?

Comment

Wouldn't the ozonics be more effective over you open shooting window than the small amount that travels up through your vent? I saw you were going to keep the shooting window closed during the cooler part of the season but that's probably only 1/3 of season if that.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
        Yeah. My windows leaked horribly my first season and saturated the outdoor carpeting I had laid down on my plywood floor. It would not dry out! I finally ripped up the carpet and put down rubber stall mats and caulked the heck out of all window frames and the door frame.

The windows had been poorly mounted and screws were not installed in some places where they should have been.

My suggestion to Mitch is to put a bead of latex caulk between the window frame and blind before screwing them in.

After I fixed my leaks, the blind is awesome!

There is latex caulk between the window frame and the blind on every blind that has gone out. But when moving blind, laying on side, putting it on trailer, the seal can get broke since blinds flex. Suggest running caulk on top of frame once you get it in place where it is going.

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
          There is latex caulk between the window frame and the blind on every blind that has gone out. But when moving blind, laying on side, putting it on trailer, the seal can get broke since blinds flex. Suggest running caulk on top of frame once you get it in place where it is going.
          Yes, that is what I did. The door frame also. Seals great now!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            Wouldn't the ozonics be more effective over you open shooting window than the small amount that travels up through your vent? I saw you were going to keep the shooting window closed during the cooler part of the season but that's probably only 1/3 of season if that.cc
            Yes sir I’m going to do what jerp and some other guys did by screwing a 2x4 above the windows and using the tree mount when the wind is from behind the blind. This will be used when the south wind is hitting the front windows and forcing air out the vent. Im just trying to eliminate the risk of having a deer come from behind me on a south wind. When it’s cooler I will just shut the vent but early season I don’t think I can stand it without some kind of air flow.

Comment

Originally posted by dgilbert View Post
              You don't think that ozone machine going to make to much vibration noise mounted that way. I thought they were to noisy begin with.
              No sir the rubber absorbs and vibration from the machine. I tested it yesterday. No ratteling or vibration. Sounds just like it does mounted in a pop up
              Last edited by Reaper87; 08-13-2018, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
                Yes sir I’m going to do what jerp and some other guys did by screwing a 2x4 above the windows and using the tree mount when the wind is from behind the blind. This will be used when the south wind is hitting the front windows and forcing air out the vent. Im just trying to eliminate the risk of having a deer come from behind me on a south wind. When it’s cooler I will just shut the vent but early season I don’t think I can stand it without some kind of air flow.

Sounds like a good plan[emoji1303][emoji1303]. Thanks for explaining it.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  I am considering using pop rivets to attach the plexiglass peek windows - do you happen to know how thick the blind wall is?
                  I don’t but it’s close to 1/4 inch or so. I can measure when I get home.

Comment

Get you one or two of these:

You will thank me!

Comment

No sir the rubber absorbs and vibration from the machine. I tested it yesterday. No ratteling or vibration. Sounds just like it does mounted in a pop up
                      Ok good deal.

Comment

Jerp wall thickness is right at 3/16th

Comment

Thanks reaper!

Comment

Good stuff. I’ll be hunting out of one of these by next year.

Comment

i like the peek windows, going to have to put some on mine.

Comment

So.e good ideas here. Especially like that Ozonics mount. Have considered getting one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X