"Official" SHNF 13-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QuietTime View Post
    How many of y'all use sticks and hang ons with success in national forest? Pics of set ups a plus!
    Climber is your best bet by far
    I know a few guys that live close use them but it's a pita for anyone who drives not to mention you don't get as high as id like

Comment

Originally posted by roguecraft101 View Post
      Climber is your best bet by far
      I know a few guys that live close use them but it's a pita for anyone who drives not to mention you don't get as high as id like
      You still on that lease outside Woodville, or did you find something with an actual deer population?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
        You still on that lease outside Woodville, or did you find something with an actual deer population?
        Back on the lease I shot my avatar on

Set my feeder up 2 weeks ago and set a camera up on it and two more on some promising major rub lines I located in January and when I checked my cameras this past weekend I had 3 does s spike and a young thick wide buck on my trails and 6496 photos from my feeder. .. After combing through the feeder pics nearly all those 7000 pics are pigs. .. I have changed my feeder camera delay from 15 secs to 45 secs lol

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375297646310.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	24226811
          As you can see they feel well at home Lmao

Not a single deer at my feeder

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1375298078623.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	24226812

The only horns I've seen... he's too young to mess with from what I can tell... sounds like I have a good pig lease with a slight chance at a deer lol

Comment

Dadgum. That's a lot of pigs. The nice thing about them, at least, is that you can shoot them anytime you want. It's a great way to break up the boredom and monotony of a late season hunt.

Anyway, I seem to have led us off of the straight and narrow pathway of the SHNF. Back to the topic

Comment

Had anyone checked the regulations on using buck candy as a cover scent or lure in shnf because bait is described as something they can eat and they can't eat a powder... I used buck candy in January on some hand corn at this lease and has does there every single hunt... others were having no luck with just corn

Comment

Had anyone checked the regulations on using buck candy as a cover scent or lure in shnf because bait is described as something they can eat and they can't eat a powder... I used buck candy in January on some hand corn at this lease and has does there every single hunt... others were having no luck with just corn
                  Deer can eat powder. It has a protein count and therefore is considered bait. However I did use it as a cover scent last year. I mixed it in some water and put out on a wick and placed it high in a tree. Couple deer came by, but really did not pay any attention to it.
                  Might have been too diluted.

I'll be making another scouting trip soon.

Comment

Quit trying to cheat!

Comment

Any of you yall going to the Trophy Hunter Show at Reliant ?

Comment

[ATTACH]525228[/ATTACH]

BTW quit feeding them so much and they will quit napping after they eat.

I had the same problem on my east Texas lease. On a side note if you need help thinning them out let me know.

Comment

I will be at show Friday - don't want to fight wend crowds

Comment

Yeah Rogue it looks like if you want a deer to show up at that feeder, then your gonna have to put some pressure on them porkers! Target rich environment!

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                              Deer can eat powder. It has a protein count and therefore is considered bait. However I did use it as a cover scent last year. I mixed it in some water and put out on a wick and placed it high in a tree. Couple deer came by, but really did not pay any attention to it.
                              Might have been too diluted.

I'll be making another scouting trip soon.
                              I think this was a good idea Damian, I'm gonna have to try this.

Comment

Originally posted by TMiddleton View Post
                                I think this was a good idea Damian, I'm gonna have to try this.
                                I'll probably try it again to see if they have an interest in it in another area. The smell is so strong....you would think it just has to work.

Comment

Working...
                                X