soundproofing bow blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soundproofing bow blind

I recently purchased a custom made Dillon bow blind. Being fiberglass I was a little concerned with the sound that they produce with the slightest tap or movement. I ordered 2 6'X8'X2 1/2" pieces of eggshell foam and used 3M 77 spray adhesive. After cutting sizes and openings for windows, sprayed both the walls of the stand with the adhesive and the back of the foam itself. The bond was better than what I had anticipated. A double layer of carpet will be used on the floor. Here are pics of the final product. Sorry for the poor pic quality, was taken with a camera phone.
    Attached Files

Nicely done brother....

Comment

That's like a sound studio now!

Comment

That's a great idea - it sounds like somebody banging on a bass drum when you bump the inside of my blind - especially in the stillness at sunrise. Should make it warmer on those cold days too. Where did you order the foam?

Comment

Clean job. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            That's a great idea - it sounds like somebody banging on a bass drum when you bump the inside of my blind - especially in the stillness at sunrise. Should make it warmer on those cold days too. Where did you order the foam?
            With acoustical eggcrate foam, you get a more budget-friendly solution for your soundproofing needs. Find out why this is a great choice!

Comment

Carpet will do the same thing ... maybe not QUITE as good, but it does work.

Nice job, Tubster.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                Carpet will do the same thing ... maybe not QUITE as good, but it does work.

Nice job, Tubster.
                True Kevin but carpet is a little bit more difficult to work with than this foam was. Plus you have to figure in the coolness factor this adds!

Comment

Looks like an acoustic chamber, cool. That ought to absorb lots of sound.

Comment

Not only will that be quiet but I bet it will be great temp control. Nice work.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                      True Kevin but carpet is a little bit more difficult to work with than this foam was. Plus you have to figure in the coolness factor this adds!
                      No doubt!

I knew, from the moment I met you, that you belonged in a padded room!

Oh, ya'll settle down! You KNEW you were thinking it!

Comment

Thanks for the link, I thought of doing this some time back but acoustic foam was a bit pricey.

Great Job!

Comment

It'll help in the winter but if its another hot opening weekend that sucker is going to be hot. I love the idea and i might try it on the next blind i am building

Comment

Did you put any on the ceiling ?
                            Nice padded cell.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                              Did you put any on the ceiling ?
                              Nice padded cell.
                              No, it's not on the ceiling yet. I'll have to cover it with scraps as there are a lot of angles being 1/2 Hexagonal. I did what I could before I got higher than a kite.

Yeah, some people think I need to be in a nice padded cell....

Comment

Working...
                              X