Steak knives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steak knives

I'm putting together 6 steak knives for a friend.
    I didn't make the blades.
    What do y'all think about the first 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kirinite? Pics don't show a reflection on the scales, hit them with the buffing wheel and they will shine like a marine shoe- and from experience show every scratch you left in them. Otherwise they look just fine.

I've buffed several kirinte scales and had to go back to sanding to get them scratch-free. Prior to buffing you can wipe with a wet rag and get an idea on scratch-free. Watch out on the buffer, they will soften and mar.

Comment

It's not kirinite... epoxy resin with metallic powder. Yeah I'm going to finish the last 3 before I get the polish out and start buffing.

Comment

Make the scales yourself?

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
          Make the scales yourself?
          You can buy the scales at Texas knife maker supply. I believe they usually run about $9 per set.

Very nice looking OP. I made a set of kitchenware for my mom a few years back but just 5 different sized knives with a big carving fork. I've never tackled a full fork or knife set. I like it though!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Todd View Post
            You can buy the scales at Texas knife maker supply. I believe they usually run about $9 per set.

Very nice looking OP. I made a set of kitchenware for my mom a few years back but just 5 different sized knives with a big carving fork. I've never tackled a full fork or knife set. I like it though!

Yup... its easier for me to buy this material since I'm making each handle different. I would stop making my own micarta if I could find some for sale that I actually liked.

Comment

I'm also making this cleaver to go along with these.

It's being normalized in the kiln right now.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X