GMC 6.2L half ton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Everyone got an opinion. Mine is based on the fact that I drove and rode in one. Not watch a video. Not my cousins brother barber story either

It sucked in every aspect of pulling.
    That's is your opinion. Much different than a fact. I live the way mine tows.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
      No way a dodge made it up a hill without losing a transmission or AC vent falling out.
      LOL! One of friends had a Dodge 1 ton work truck, (Cummins) He said it had a lot of power and was a really good truck for the most part, if you didn't mind carrying the dash in your lap...

Comment

There is no way that little 6 cylinder will stay together in the long run, and when it breaks it will be epic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've had a '14 ecoboost. It pulled my racecar great, but when it started sucking intercooler condensation and left me on I45 for an hour until the misfired cleared up, I sold it.

The wife has the 6.2 in her yukon Denali, feels great but havnt pulled with it yet.

Comment

If I was going to get the GM 6.2, I would wait for the 2018 with the 10 speed transmission...tranny developed jointly between Ford & GM.

Only two vehicles debuting it are the 17 Raptor & 17 ZL1...it's legit.

Comment

Oh yay!! Another "my opinion is more important than your opinion" thread

Comment

Originally posted by PVDT View Post
                Yeah...no idea where the premium idea comes from. 80k miles and mine has never seen the first drop of premium.
                The sticker inside the fuel door on my '17 clearly says premium fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                  Oh yay!! Another "my opinion is more important than your opinion" thread

The thread was started for the purpose of gathering opinions....

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                    The thread was started for the purpose of gathering opinions....

Quit pointing out my oversight of the obvious, dang it

Comment

Roger that![emoji23]

Comment

There is no way that little 6 cylinder will stay together in the long run, and when it breaks it will be epic.

Tell that to people with 200k plus on them. I'm sure it will surprise them.

Comment

GMC 6.2L half ton

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                          Tell that to people with 200k plus on them. I'm sure it will surprise them.

I haven't found one yet who did more than pull a ranger or a super heavy load of stuff from Target twice a week.

I've heard of 3 catastrophic engine failures, and a bunch of "condensation issues" or some such...

Last edited by Dale Moser; 03-19-2017, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Possibly. But there are plenty of turbo charged engines that have been around for a long time.

Turbos ain't new technology.

Remember the power the mid 90s turbo Supras were capable of making?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                              I would wait for the tranny...it's legit.

Comment

GMC 6.2L half ton

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                                Possibly. But there are plenty of turbo charged engines that have been around for a long time.

Turbos ain't new technology.

Remember the power the mid 90s turbo Supras were capable of making?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I do, and I did some really ridiculous stuff in some girls Eclipse turbo. I had a good friend with a Buick grand national too, but none were asked to pull twice their weight very often.

I think this "small motor on turbo" thing has a future, but they haven't figured it out yet. And I don't care how much boost you stuff in a 3.5 liter V6, it just won't perform like a big V8.....YET!

Honestly I think this is going to wind up at a smaller V8, with a mild boost...but that hasn't been proven to last yet either.

Comment

Working...
                                X