Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you just disqualify yourself from Boone and Crockett?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
    Agree with r t p. Most hunters pull the tape out and start measuring before the blood is cold. Buck scores matter.

Nothing wrong with scoring to give a person a gross number for comparison on how good his deer is or isn't . Did anybody say they were against scoring in this post? I might have missed it. We score all our deer... for fun really and to compare to past deer and brag a little or not.

Paying to put it in print or join a club is not the same.

Comment

So, dose scoring include taste? Like in, how they taste?

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Listing it is not the issue. Do you qualify with gross? or still net? #outdated
        What I meant was...P&Y used to list the “net” only in the book. They HAVE been making changes recent and one was that they now recognize the “gross” too and list it as well. They are trying. As far as qualifying goes there has to be a starting point some where. You would be surprised how many entries are put in every year as it is now....They would probably get completely over whelmed if they lower that qualifying entry score any lower. Lol

I do agree with you 100% on the gross is all that matters though. I’m with ya.

Comment

Did you just disqualify yourself from Boone and Crockett?

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
          What I meant was...P&Y used to list the “net” only in the book. They HAVE been making changes recent and one was that they now recognize the “gross” too and list it as well. They are trying. As far as qualifying goes there has to be a starting point some where. You would be surprised how many entries are put in every year as it is now....They would probably get completely over whelmed if they lower that qualifying entry score any lower. Lol

I do agree with you 100% on the gross is all that matters though. [emoji6]b I’m with ya.

I know what you meant but they still qualify via net right?

Not asking them to lower it. Hell they can raise it to 130-135 as long as its gross. Nets are for fishing.

Hell I don't know why I'm discussing it ... I don't plan on using it[emoji23]
          Last edited by Smart; 11-25-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

I won't be affected.

Comment

Hell I don't know why I'm discussing it ... I don't plan on using it[emoji23]
              Because it is TBH and you cant help yourself....

Comment

All you guys can say "who cares?" and "I would never enter if I shot one"

But you do care because you know exactly how many you shot that you could enter.

And someone mentioned early on the line has to be drawn somewhere. Of course HF is out or the book would be 99% HF kills. Do you want a club to make it so everyone can get their name in their book?

And one has to love how people get upset and call them elitist and then mock saying only those who use a rock should be able to enter..geez. Give it up. Let them define fair chase, it's their club.

FTR I don't even know what score it takes to get in either book.

Comment

Meh! Not something I concern myself with---it isn't other folks' opinions, but mine that I count.

Comment

This is as funny as all the guides/fishermen here at Lake Fork that have caught one or more 13 pounders but didn't have them officially weighed and entered in the "Share a Lunker" Program. They say that the state biologists kill fish and don't know what they are doing so they release the fish without having it officially weighed. It's the same as saying "I have multiple B&C animals (that I scored myself) but didn't enter them because................."
                    Last edited by asu-indian; 11-25-2017, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Yup...

I enjoy my daily wireless camera watching more than having my name in an outdated book...B&C or P&Y.

Besides....anything that measures using net instead of gross is worthless anyway. Give em what they have...symmetry is overrated.
                      Two thumbs way up!!! *** is the deal with symmetry?

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
                        This is as funny as all the guides/fishermen here at Lake Fork that have caught one or more 13 pounders but did't have them officially weighed and entered in the "Share a Lunker" Program. They say that the state biologists kill fish and don't know what they are doing so they release the fish without having it officially weighed. It's the same as saying "I have multiple B&C animals (that I scored myself) but didn't enter them because................."
                        It isnt that difficult to score most deer to at least have an idea if it is close or way past the minimum. The one I had that was really close to B&C minimum, I had officially scored after the drying period.

So you are saying fishing guides may lie......or fisherman in general?

Comment

No one lies more than a bass fisherman. That’s a well known fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

rtp the answer is yes.

Comment

You have to look at some of these things on a more national level.
                              In some parts of the country you have guys chasing deer primarily on public land with lots of competition and finding the deer before anyone else is half the hunt. Wireless cameras could help you locate the deer with less effort on your part as opposed to hiking for miles or scouting. In this scenario it’s just not fair chase. Wireless cams are illegal in Montana during hunting season.

In Texas we primarily hunt private property with little to no competition. We know the deer are there because they come to a feeder so a wireless camera isn’t really giving you much of an advantage.

I have no problem with an organization attempting to define fair chase.
                              If you are going to keep records then there has to be rules and there will always be people complaining about the rules.
                              If the tech side of hunting appeals to you then that’s great, but don’t dog on others for attempting to draw lines. Their heart is on the right place

Comment

Originally posted by backwoods View Post
                                You have to look at some of these things on a more national level.
                                Wireless cams are illegal in Montana during hunting season.
                                I was told by a guide at the beginning of this year that all TC were illegal to use once hunting season started in Montana.

Comment

Working...
                                X