No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Threat For Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, these model runs keeping harvey in texas 5 days sure look scary.

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
      There are several of us supposed to be in bay tourney's this weekend....
      Y'all be careful and watch your radar.
      Yup had a big group in Port Mansfield for this coming weekend, that got cancelled.

a good site to use is www.windy.com

It shows it moving up into Texas then back down to the Gulf then up the coast.

Or it did...this thing changes its mind pretty regularly.

Comment

And this just in from the Jackson County Emergency management Office:

REMNANTS OF HARVEY TO POSSIBLY AFFECT JACKSON COUNTY:
        We have attended a briefing from the National Weather Service this morning at 10am. Basically, Tropical Storm Harvey is being forecasted to regenerate within the next 24 hours, with a potential of a minor Hurricane to form. This will in all aspects be a heavy rain with major flooding conditions and the possibility of Tropical Storm winds. Please make all preparations now if conditions worsen and last minute evacuations are called for.
        Please secure all outdoor furniture, yard decor, etc. Make sure you have supplies on hand in case power outages do occur. If you have plans for this weekend that include driving, monitor this situation closely as flash flooding could occur.
        We cannot stress enough that preparations need to start taking place now; do not wait as this storm is not allowing us to give much warning as to its impact and strength.
        We will be posting updates as much as possible and we will be monitoring this storm during around the clock.

Comment

That site shows it hitting far south friday, sitting over San Antonio Saturday & Sunday, back to gulf Monday then up coast

Comment

Was going to fish in Port Mansfield this weekend but the trip was cancelled, so I was going to head to POC...looks like this weekend maybe filled with honeydoes in San Antonio...just need to tell my brother-in-law who is staying at our place in POC to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
              That site shows it hitting far south friday, sitting over San Antonio Saturday & Sunday, back to gulf Monday then up coast
              If you are talking about the windy site, it is using the same models that everyone else is referring to on this post, just in a different visual. You can switch between the euro and the gfs at the bottom right hand corner.

Comment

Looks like the models are creeping eastward.

Comment

Thanks for the all info everyone. I'll be watching this closely.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Arrow View Post
                    Had no idea about this storm until just now...
                    X2

Comment

The 12Z models mostly stayed in the same area, if not shifted slightly south & west. Intensity went down, but still showing a very serious rain event.

With as warm as the Gulf is, anything is on the table, but it appears the latest runs are showing a little bit more of a sheared system than the major hurricane they did last night. Still a serious threat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Comment

Sitting in Schertz, thinking I might ought to dig out the old umbrella.

Comment

I am supposed to head to New Braunfels to float the river on Saturday.

I am worried about:

1) the weather getting bad towards the end of the float on Saturday
                          2) getting back home to houston on Sunday
                          3) flooding of rental house on river while we are there

Comment

Tag

Comment

Originally posted by willwork04 View Post
                              I am supposed to head to New Braunfels to float the river on Saturday.

I am worried about:

1) the weather getting bad towards the end of the float on Saturday
                              2) getting back home to houston on Sunday
                              3) flooding of rental house on river while we are there
                              Don't know if this will help, but I'm 10 minutes from New Braunfels and can let you know how things are looking Friday.

Comment

tag...

Comment

Working...
                                X