LM Bass Fishing Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LM Bass Fishing Saturday

Wanting to try a new lake within 2 hours of Arlington on Saturday. I usually fish Joe Pool and Lake Arlington since they are close to the house. What lake would you recommend trying out? I was thinking maybe Athens or Ray Roberts.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Fork? Gibbons Creek? Cedar Creek? Man you have a bunch of lakes to choose from. Lake Texoma would be a great choice.
    Last edited by lovemylegacy; 05-10-2018, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
      Fork? Gibbons Creek? Cedar Creek? Man you have a bunch of lakes to choose from. Lake Texoma would be a great choice.
      I know! That's why it's so hard to decide! Haha. I'm going on a family trip to Texoma next weekend and you know the boat will be in tow! Hoping to catch some striper and small mouth.

Thank for the recommendations. I bet Fork is getting hammered right now.

Comment

I have always wanted to try Athens it looks like they are always catching some big bass out of there !

Comment

But if you want to drive a couple more minutes west to Hubbard Creek lake in Breckenridge I think it’s a little over 2 hours but has been some good fish caught there the last few months!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
            But if you want to drive a couple more minutes west to Hubbard Creek lake in Breckenridge I think it’s a little over 2 hours but has been some good fish caught there the last few months!
            Good to know... It would be hard to drive by PK without stopping to catch some stripers [emoji16]

Come on down to Athens (if we go there) and maybe we'll catch a few toads ourselves!

Comment

Ray Hubbard

Comment

Athens

Comment

Ditch pickles have slowed down a lot on Ray bob. I'm thinking of going to carter Sunday in the yak to see what's up there. Good luck and tight lines wherever you end up.

Comment

I don't bass fish but of what you listed if I was gonna slum it I would go to Athens![emoji12]

Big ol black crappie in that lake too btw!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

They have been catching some big bass and crappie on Weatherford.

Comment

Come on out to Athens. Fish love to school on this lake. You will catch many. Look for shad and choose a quick diving/sinking bait. Lot of the slot fish hang out on top. Big boys are underneath them. Black and blue worms have been good for me. Big swim bait is also a good choice. Definitely worth the drive. Hit Cedar Creek and Athens up. I always did better in the morning at Athens.

Crappie are really good right now. Bigguns

Comment

I sold my boat 4 yrs ago and went to Athens weekly! I now just hit up my personal honey hole in a little Jon Boat. No need to go elsewhere.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                            I sold my boat 4 yrs ago and went to Athens weekly! I now just hit up my personal honey hole in a little Jon Boat. No need to go elsewhere.
                            I'd say so! Who needs a big boat when you're catching monsters like that out of the Jon boat!!

Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              I don't bass fish but of what you listed if I was gonna slum it I would go to Athens![emoji12]

Big ol black crappie in that lake too btw!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              Sounds delicious and fun! I've never done much crappie fishing, but I'm wanting to try it out this year!

Comment

Working...
                              X