Prasek’s is the devil!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prasek’s is the devil!

I think I gain 5 lbs just walking in there! Only reason I missed driving down 59 was Prasek’s. I have been waiting for the Sealy store to open. I have been stopping there every trip hunting since, to pick up pre-ordered sausage bread with no japs, cheese curds and kolaches. Not to mention the killer cheesecakes.

They are the devil for what I've been paying them for processing too, holy crap they are expensive but oh sooooo good. I can't drive past the one on 59 without getting a chopped beef sammich either.

Comment

Don't even try their smoked brisket.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
        Don't even try their smoked brisket.

Ok, I won’t.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
          They are the devil for what I've been paying them for processing too, holy crap they are expensive but oh sooooo good. I can't drive past the one on 59 without getting a chopped beef sammich either.

So, what do you have done to your venison there. What is good?

Comment

I compared multiple places in greater Houston area, they were by a long shot the cheapest, and best tasting.

Comment

they have it down for sure!! I get all my deer and had an elk processed there in September and I eat it almost every day. so freaking good!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                We do sausage, summer sausage with cheese, and dried survival sticks (I think that's what the call them). It's all excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesl View Post
                  Originally posted by rvd View Post
                  We do sausage, summer sausage with cheese, and dried survival sticks (I think that's what the call them). It's all excellent.
                  This is what I do as well. I think they call them midgets actually on the dried sausage. I go 60/40 with pork and 100% of the time it's with Jalapeno and Cheese. I think I'm most addicted to the summer sausage with japs and cheese on a ritz cracker. They also do good ground meat and breakfast sausage. Also, next time you get a good 50-100 pound hog, take em a hind quarter and ask for a smoked peppered ham, you'll sit around and take turns cutting off pieces of it till it's gone, man it's good.

Comment

We’ve been getting our deer processed there for over 20 years. In my opinion, they make the best sausage around. We get it made 60/40 spicy. Picked up a deer there 2 weeks ago and it came out to about $3.50 per link of sausage. That seems like a fair price to me. Summer sausage and tamales are good too.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                      I compared multiple places in greater Houston area, they were by a long shot the cheapest, and best tasting.
                      I've gotten more for less from a little place in Tomball called Smitty's and it's dang good too. I currently have both in my freezer (killed 4 deer this year) and Smitty's was way cheaper.

Comment

If you take your meat in already deboned and cut up, they are actually one of the cheapest around. Pay close attention to their price sheet and all the little charges you can avoid. They also allow you to bring your own pork or whatever you want to mix in if it is already cut up too.

Comment

I've gotten more for less from a little place in Tomball called Smitty's and it's dang good too. I currently have both in my freezer (killed 4 deer this year) and Smitty's was way cheaper.
                          Smittys is amazing!

Comment

Yup I'd be skinny if I didn't live two miles from Prasek's

Comment

Get you a couple of their pork chops stuffed with............. wait for it.......... Sausage!!! Throw that on the grill when you get to Port O'Conner, fix a scotch and water or 12. Done!

Comment

Working...
                              X