No announcement yet.

Kayak suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just buy one already...been talking for years about this kayak!

Comment

I got the Jackson Big Tuna last month. Did a quick paddle in a windy pond over Easter and I was very impressed with its handling and speed. It could use a rudder, but all in all, its one stable vessel. Standing was not a problem - very stable. I'm 6'0" 240lbs.

Comment

Good deal, hears lots of great things about the bonafide. I went with a Diablo Amigo and couldn't be happier. I'm 300 myself and have had this thing loaded down with another 100lbs of gear and was still able to float it in 6 inches of water.

If you're on facebook, look up DFWKF (DFW Kayak Fishing)

It was started by a guy I know Adrian, which you probably already met doing a demo with Mariner Sails.

Tons of great info in the group and there's at least 6 TBHers in that group that I know of.

As far as kayak shops in the metroplex, there's only 2 thst I trust and go to regularly which would be Mariner Sails in Dallas and Anglers Pro Tackle in Hurst. Those guys will definitely get you taken care of. I bought my Diablo Amigo from Russ and Rick at APT and now it seems like I'm at their shop every other week or so haha they have an excellent selection of bait there as well, usually carry the hard to get baits and also best price on tungsten around.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
          The bonafide I tried was honestly amazing. Tracked well and being 310lbs would have been work to flip it. It pushes back when leaning to the side. Standing I didn't need anything. The seat is so high in it's top setting you just stand. In the high setting it isn't tippy at all and is still pretty quick. I'd suggest trying it but think it's what I'm going to go with.

My wife just bought one and she loves it. I paddled it and found it very stable. I like the stability more than my ascend 128 but the ascend paddles a bit better.

Comment

I bought a Feel Free Lure 11.5 and love it. Has a wheel in the keel for ease of transport. I had a Perception Pescadore 12' that would glide with a whisper and the Lure is not as responsive but much more stable.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by splitfinger; 04-04-2018, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I really wanted the lure but my back would not fit the seat at all. My back would kill me after 20 min. I need a full support back. Have you had any issues with the back of the seat?

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
              I bought a Feel Free Lure 11.5 and love it. Has a wheel in the keel for ease of transport. I had a Perception Pescadore 12' that would glide with a whisper and the Lure is not as responsive but much more stable.

Comment

Anyone try the Nucanoe frontier 12? Gonna try that this weekend as well.

Comment

The Nucanoes, while very stable and light for their size, paddle like a dump truck. If you try any of the ones with peddles, you will never do paddles again. I have 2 of the Natives with the ProPel peddle system and will never go back and I've owned over a dozen different kayaks.

Comment

Main reason i look into it is the possibility for two people. while not ideal its possible. Also the possibility to put an engine on it. The paddle kayaks are just a bit out of my price range for my size.

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                    The Nucanoes, while very stable and light for their size, paddle like a dump truck. If you try any of the ones with peddles, you will never do paddles again. I have 2 of the Natives with the ProPel peddle system and will never go back and I've owned over a dozen different kayaks.

Comment

Originally posted by scott.str View Post
                      Anyone try the Nucanoe frontier 12? Gonna try that this weekend as well.
                      SFABowhunter on here paddles a Nucanoe Frontier 12 and he loves it. We fished a tournament on grapevine Thursday night in the wind and he was able to keep up with me in my Diablo Amigo in 15mph winds

Comment

Scott bought him a fancy kayak today, stay tuned for fishing pic tomorrow!

Comment

Buy this one

Beats the heck out of paddling

Comment

Look at the native watercraft titan's ( 10.5, 12, 13.5) . Or the Jackson kayak big rig.

Comment

Have you tried a hobie? I have pro angler 14s and love them.

Comment

Yup above me mentioned the hobie pro angler... best money you’ll spend and you’ll love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X