Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Short rant about people that don't keep dogs up......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But, but, but the dogs involved in the said incident are someone's fur babies! They are loved more that someone could love their own children and lives matter more than some peoples! They couldn't and would never hurt the baby pony!

Sorry for the loss, and having to deal with the stress of the situation. Sucks. My wife was involved on the same side of and incident as you when she was younger and lost 4 show hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
      I understand you are upset.. understandably so....but you have no idea what my dog does.
      I will continue to ignore your comments and chalk them up to your anger at the events.
      With that being said, I'll go ahead and jump out there. I bet you keep your dog in the house with you 24/7 365.
      If you ignore your dog the way you're choosing to ignore his comments or you do anything other than spend every minute of the day with it, i highly doubt you know everything it does. There's always a possibility something could go wrong and then who's responsible. Why take the chance?
      Last edited by CaprockRoamer; 01-31-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CaprockRoamer View Post
        With that being said, I'll go ahead and jump out there. I bet you keep your dog in the house with you 24/7 365.
        If you ignore your dog the way you're choosing to ignore his comments or you do anything other than spend every minute of the day with it, i highly doubt you know everything it does. There's always a possibility something could go wrong and then who's responsible. Why take the chance?
        you lost that bet.
        To reiterate, the specific subject I disagreed with the OP on was the "less than a 1000 acres"..
        There are more owners with dogs on 'less than a 1000 acres' that have NEVER had an issue with their dogs than there are incidents such as the OP experienced.
        That math in itself is evident that there is no merit to his 'less than 1000 acres' demand.
        Last edited by systemnt; 01-31-2018, 09:15 AM.

Comment

you lost that bet.
          Next.
          Point proven. You noticed one part of that comment.

Either way, you win. I'm glad you're a responsible owner, but the OP is just another example of how many people truly aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
            I have half the horses over here in Fruitvale and she has the other half at her place. My personal horse, like her mother, is a dog killing machine. I might load her up today and take her to my daughters place in Brownsboro. If she is there and the dogs come back it will end poorly for them. During this move I put the grown horses one a small place we have over in the bottoms. It is a few miles from the house. I put them thre because they were going to have to kind of fend for themselves for a little bit. I put a mare and 3 young horses at my daughter because she lives there and they could be fed and checked every day. So much for the best laid plans.

Thanks for the support folks.

-john
            I see your in my neck of the woods. Sheriff's office doesn't mess around here in Henderson County especially with the leash law. I have unfortunately taken 3 dogs. Last thing I want to do is kill a dog but when family or livestock are in harm I won't hesitate. One was after a calf and the other 2 were in the act of attacking/cornering my wife and kids on our property. Wife chunked sticks and whatever she could. One was a Pit Bull and the other 2 were German Shepherds. Sheriff's office was contacted on both incidents and all they said was glad everyone was ok and they would have done the same thing. They even went to neighbors and told them. We don't have a bad relationship with them because of it either. A couple properties down we still have issues with another lady letting her dogs roam. They have chased my Wife and MIL a couple times down the road and animal control came out. They keep them in a kennel now for the most part but I still will get pics of them at least once a week on my trail cams at my hunting locations. Citations have even been written to them.

Call the sheriff and make note of it! It won't be the last time those dogs are over there!

Comment

OP, sorry that happened to you. A 20 gauge shotgun will be a good companion for your daughter. At 40/50 yards, a load of low-base 6s will burn their asses and teach them some manners. Up close, well, they won't need to learn any manners. I'm not an indiscriminate dog killer, but no dog threatens me or mine and remains above ground. I was raised on a dairy farm, animals were our livelihood, and stray dogs were not welcome !

Comment

Sorry for your loss of the filly and your daughters anguish.

Comment

Hope you photographed your pony's injuries. I would definitely take those pics to the sheriff. Sorry for your loss.
                  Couple thoughts? I am not a fan of people letting their dogs roam free because people have a responsibility to keep their pets out of harm's way. I am always worried about my dogs getting out and getting hit by a car or getting shot by a neighbor so we do our best to keep them contained. However, things can happen. Gates get blown open or left open, fences go down, and dogs can escape. Just because a dog is running loose doesn't mean the owner is an irresponsible piece of garbage.
                  That said, you would have been justified in killing those dogs.

Comment

Man I feel for you.
                    I'd be seeking some restitution for the filly... ask politely first and then by serving them with a suit if they don't take responsibility for what is theirs.

Comment

Spot on and so sorry for the loss. I have the same issues with neighbors dogs and my cows. I went to the Jasper Sheriff and he told me there is no leash law in Jasper County however, wink...wink "If you feel threatened or they are attacking your livestock, you have justification to remove them". I tell my neighbors that I am setting traps for Coyotes and if their dogs get caught, I am not responsible. I set 3 or 4 Connibear 220's and so far I have caught 3 of my neighbors Pits. Slowly the nuisance is diminishing.

Best of luck.

Doug Key

Comment

That sucks...
                        but my dogs mind so I will not be taking your 1000 acres or less advice.
                        Whatever

Comment

What kind of dogs? Just curious as most pets will choose flight over fight.

Comment

I totally agree that just because you live in the country, which in most cases, is not the country any longer, keep you dogs contained for various reasons.... I am so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by splitfinger View Post
                              Spot on and so sorry for the loss. I have the same issues with neighbors dogs and my cows. I went to the Jasper Sheriff and he told me there is no leash law in Jasper County however, wink...wink "If you feel threatened or they are attacking your livestock, you have justification to remove them". I tell my neighbors that I am setting traps for Coyotes and if their dogs get caught, I am not responsible. I set 3 or 4 Connibear 220's and so far I have caught 3 of my neighbors Pits. Slowly the nuisance is diminishing.

Best of luck.

Doug Key
                              My neighbor wasn't keeping up his fence and allowed his dogs to chew a hole in my fence as well. I could tell that something was getting through the hole and digging in my garden, so I set a snare. Low and behold, their dachshund got caught in my snare. I was able to save him and put him back over the fence. I never had that problem again.

Comment

Sorry, John.

That really sucks, plain and simple.

I'm admittedly a dog guy, but I hate to hear of any animal suffering like that, especially when it could have been prevented.

Comment

Working...
                                X