No announcement yet.

Who is in for Constitutional Carry for Texans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since generally people agree that, like open carry, this will result in very little if not zero change in people's behavior, it is an ideological argument... some call that mental masturbation.
    I'd rather see resources used to preserve existing 2A rights vis a vis "assault weapons," which is actually under legitimate threat in my opinion.
    Anyone who says this is, "a major legislative priority for the Republican Party" is out to lunch.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
      Since generally people agree that, like open carry, this will result in very little if not zero change in people's behavior, it is an ideological argument... some call that mental masturbation.
      I'd rather see resources used to preserve existing 2A rights vis a vis "assault weapons," which is actually under legitimate threat in my opinion.
      Anyone who says this is, "a major legislative priority for the Republican Party" is out to lunch.
      Resources used to preserve existing 2A rights? Hate to tell you, Constitutional Carry is THE ESSENCE of the 2A. Yeah, somebody is out to lunch alright.

Comment

I'm for it.

I like freedom.

Comment

IN

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
            I like LTC because at least a carrier is somewhat taught about firearms and is asked to shoot said firearm before they are allowed to carry one. If there was no LTC classes every tom **** and harry could go into Academy, buy the biggest pistol they could and carry it around without the slightest clue how to use it safely and when. For most on this site it all seems like common sense but look around at your office, restaurant or walmart and I bet you could quickly point out 2-3 idiots that you wouldn't trust with a loaded glock 22. It won't weed out all the idiots but it will weed out some and slightly educate the rest.

There are much better classes that deal with the actual operation of a gun than the LTC class.

Let’s do away with LTC, and the suppressor and SBR red tape.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
              There are much better classes that deal with the actual operation of a gun than the LTC class.

Let’s do away with LTC, and the suppressor and SBR red tape.
              Yes

Comment

In

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Things I learn on TBH. You shouldn’t support things that give more freedom, because we should be supporting things that give more freedom. Genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post

There are plenty of resources out there defending against a ban. This state legislation won’t affect that. We need to go on the offence. One of the reasons we keep losing little by little is we are always in defensive mode. It makes zero sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So are there any statistics on who is being denied the right to carry not having constitutional carry?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                        So are there any statistics on who is being denied the right to carry not having constitutional carry?

Gary
                        All of us are. There should be no taxes, fees or hoops to jump through for one to exercise their constitutional rights.

Comment

I'm conflicted...still waiting for all my fellow TBH members who thought the sun would quit setting in the west because open carry would RUIN Texas!! Families would stop going out to dinner because the wild west at the OK corral was going to happen at every corner. Crickets??

Seriously, it wasn't that long ago the sky was falling & specifically recall posting / requesting all those that oppose open carry to PLEASE follow up with all the links of not only the other states that passed it years before, but would give a year & please do share of all the new TX Open Carry news story problems that were predicted. Where are all my amigos who said OC was going to be the end of everything peaceful of daily life??

NOT ONE of the many respected TBH members who predicted OC doomsday have responded or willing to eat any crow?? It would be nice if at least one of you would admit you were wrong.

Here's a 2nd challenge...CC will be just as boring if it passes, but please don't push to the front of the line to take my $$$. Anyone want bet $100 that total hell will break loose??

Comment

Originally posted by rwbrew3 View Post
                            Agreed, I am also from AZ, no Lic needed.... taking a class to do a constitutional protected act makes no sense to me!
                            Have you listened, to the talking heads, news lately... ??

Comment

I have a CHL, can't see an up side of this for me.

Down side, every gang banger that's never been convicted of a felony would be able to legally carry a concealed weapon. Car load of ms-13's finest gets out at the dance and the one non-felon in the car is carrying eight concealed guns.

Hey, ya'll said everyone has the right to protect themselves, you never know when the police will decide to serve arrest warrants, or a rival gang wants to get even, right?

Comment

IN

Comment

Working...
                                X