Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maui vacation planned, any suggestions

We are going with 2 other couples to Maui, Hawaii ...10 days in October

Any suggestions for those that have been?

Island hop?

Golfing?

Thanks in advance

I’d be putting in for axis and mouflon tags on lanai island

Comment

There is a lot to see and a lot of supposed “must do” types of things, but build in some serious nothing time into your schedule. Just sit on the beach and let a whole day or more drift by. All the touristy stuff will be there but don’t turn it into an itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Rent a car and do the road to Hanna, you can download apps that guide you cheap. The big crater is scenic as well, but it is a white knuckle drive to the top.

The fishing is not that great. And you dont get to keep any of the fish if you do end up catching any (we didnt).

Saw Willie in Paia.

Comment

Rent a jeep and drive the road to Hana.
          Sunrise tour on Haleakalā.
          Molokini snorkel trip.
          Old Lahaina Luau
          if you golf, play Kapalua

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            Rent a car and do the road to Hanna, you can download apps that guide you cheap. The big crater is scenic as well, but it is a white knuckle drive to the top.
            I "accidentally" did the Highway 30 loop back in November. Hana and the crater were tame by comparison.

For things to do, rent a Jeep and just road trip (Best recommendation I got from a co-worker who used to live there.).

Upcountry winery was a good change of pace.
            The Upcountry Cattle Company general store across the street from the winery is good for lunch (Get in early for the elk burgers).
            Hit up the "Tasty Crust" for some authentic "Moko Loco".
            Iao Valley for some outrageous scenery.
            The Old Town Luau in Lahina was touristy, but we enjoyed the storytelling they did.
            Paia Fish Market in Paia. Was told by the locals not to go to the others, they're not as good as the original.

Comment

Eat at Mama's Fish House on the north shore.

World famous restaurant on Maui's North Shore, featuring Hawaiian fish brought to us daily by our fishermen.

Comment

Road to Hana is great...do some of the hikes to the waterfalls, the black sand and red sand beaches. Golf at Wailea Emerald is amazing. Lahina is a cool place to stay or visit. We did a Molokini crater snorkel trip that was awesome.

Comment

We go every other year.
                  as far as what to do...that depends on your likes and interests. Road to Hana is cool, twin falls is fun, day scuba trip, snorkel at Black Rock cove, sugar cane train, Drums of the Pacific luau, aquarium, rent scooters and just tool around. I have Many more ideas if you need them

Comment

Went for 10 days and didn't 5 in Hana. There is a app you can find that will take you mile marker by mile marker and all the sites. While in Hana hit the blacksand beach and red sand beach. Eat at Hana Ranch while there! The picture with all the Ukulele on wall is Hana Ranch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged
                      Going in March

Comment

If you fly fish there are a few spots you can catch some bruiser bonefish.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Everything listed above, 7 sacred pools, bamboo forest hike to the waterfall...

Times grocery store is great for stocking up and cheap eats

Snorkel Honolua Bay but get there early.

Hula pie!!!!! at Kimos or Dukes

Mama's fish house

Breakfast at The Gazebo, but get there early as it will have a long line if you wait

Comment

Oh, important fact is you can buy booze at the Long's/CVS stores. No need to pay liquor store markups or expensive resort bar prices.

Comment

I just went in June. Like said before, the road to Hana and download the app because it was very helpful as to what was good to see and how long it took to hike there. As far as the seven sacred pools, we were not allowed to leave the trail and actually walk down to all the pools because some time in the past a few people had drowned after falling in. To me, the entrance fee wasn't worth the limited views.
                              Snorkeling at Black Rock beach, which was right where I stayed at the Sheraton had the most fish to see of all the places we went.
                              The best restaurant to me was across from the Banyon tree at the square in Lahaina called Down the Hatch. Has been voted best bar / restaurant in Maui for years.
                              Hula pie at Kimo's. Try to make dinner reservations way in advance to be there right at sunset. Absolutely beautiful.

Comment

Working...
                              X