Flood benefit idea, looking for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flood benefit idea, looking for opinions

I am not in a place to write a check or go down south and help directly but been tossing an idea around in my head. Here it is.

I own a screen printing and embroidery business. I am thinking of designing a shirt and printing it on a nice quality, not cheap shirt. My plan is to try and sell them for $20 or so. Would maybe need to charge shipping. With everything besides my costs going to a fund or foundation to help with relief. That would be roughly $15.00 donated per shirt, a little less than that for XXL and larger sizes.

I would need help with what organization should get the funds. Also getting the word out. With school just starting here, we are at a slower time of year so we could have shirts printed and in the mail this week.

Does this seem like a helpful idea? Thoughts?

I like it, I would rather see the funds go directly to TBH members and direct family members, kind of like the annual Christmas help thread.

Comment

edited below
      Last edited by tonyt79; 08-29-2017, 09:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
        I like it, I would rather see the funds go directly to TBH members and direct family members, kind of like the annual Christmas help thread.
        Actually I contacted Mary about making a TBH thing, but I have not heard back from her. I saw that she is pretty occupied right now. It would be cool if we could make it a TBH themed shirt also. Some kind of TBH helping texans. Maybe come and take it on the back, with an arrowhead in place of the star. If we can get approval, I can try and come up with a design.

Comment

I'd buy one!

Comment

I need a 3XL please. I can pick up ones for the Plano, Allen, Frisco and McKinney area and deliver them. Save on shipping.

Heck, I work in downtown Dallas. I can deliver along 75 from Walnut Hill to McKinney.
            Last edited by Goldeneagle; 08-29-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

I would buy a couple for sure, great idea. I also think it would be great to support other TBHrs.

Comment

love the idea

Comment

I would love a TBH helping TBH type shirt. and would love to see proceeds go to helping other TBH members in need.

Additionally, I would be glad to donate money to the cost of making the shirts, so that more of the proceeds could more for TBH families.

Comment

I PM'ed Michael with a link to this to see what he thinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a good idea if it can get organized in order to distribute funds in an equitable manner. I'm in for a couple hundred $ worth of T shirts.

Comment

In

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'd buy three. I like the idea.

Comment

In in for a couple.

Some of the proceeds from the shirts could help some of these guys:

Comment

ttt

Comment

Working...
                              X