AFC qualifier score correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFC qualifier score correction

Yesterday on the way home I kept thinking about my score and comparing it to the one I had at the Texin shoot and something wasn't meshing with me. It really bothered me so when we got home, I checked both score cards. To make a long story short, I realized that my score at AFC was incorrect so I called Tracy Smith right away and told her that it was off by 10 points. She did not know right away if it would matter, but checked this morning.

The winner of the AFC qualifer Womens Open class by two points is Sandra Elmore from Springtown. I called and told her the good news and she will get the buckle when it comes in a few weeks.

I know a lot of ASA shooters visit this site and just wanted to make sure everyone knew about the correction and why Sandra will be wearing the buckle at the State Championship-
    Congratulations Sandra!

Way to step up the Stacey!! Very noble of you, and that is how everyone should be!! Congratulations Sandra! Hope to see the buckle at State!!

Comment

I've seen people cheat for a $10 trophy.

Your sportsmanship is outstanding!!!! I saw those buckles Sat and they are indeed beautiful.

Congrats to Sandra!

Comment

That shows a lot of class Stacey!

Greg

Comment

Comment

You're the best Stacey! Proud to know you!

Comment

Comment

What a stand up lady you are!!

I apologize if it was a mistake on our part!

Comment

You are exactly what kind of person I think about when I think about this sport. That is just awsome you are a true sportswoman.

Comment

I have thanked Stacey privately, but I want to also thank her again.

Stacey. Thank You for your Sportsmanship and Honesty. As I told you yesterday....I would never expect anything less from you. You are the Best !!!

I have had several people ask me what happened.

It was a honest mistake in adding the scores on BOTH scorecards (official card and non official card). When the group finished the round the scores corresponded, the cards were signed, and turned in. Stacey was reviewing her non-official card on the way home and going over the round in her mind. She then discovered the mistake and reported it to Tracy.

Comment

Win- win

Yep, that is right Mike. We ran the cards just like you should, with running totals and checking each other's total after evey target. We both mis-added on the same target. Once I realized the mistake, I called Tracy right away, although I did not know if it would make a difference to the placings.
                      I am glad it got straightened out- I did not want the buckle if I didn't deserve it and it would detract from the other buckles I did earn.
                      Besides, the way I see it - I won anyway- I got a hug from Justin Bethel and a photograph to prove it
                      Thanks for all your comments everyone!

Jesse Owens once said In the end, it’s extra effort that separates a winner from second place. But winning takes a lot more that that, too. It starts with complete command of the fundamentals. Then it takes desire, determination, discipline, and self-sacrifice. And finally, it takes a great deal of love, fairness and respect for your fellow man. Put all these together, and even if you don’t win, how can you lose?

Comment

Stacey, this post is the embodiment of Integrity in Action. It is an Honor to shoot with such great people.

Comment

Did Tracey also hammer you with a 10 point deduction for turning in a score card with a mistake on it??
                          Glad you caught it and was able to make it right. Way to go.

Comment

Tim, it is irrelevant. In my class, with only four shooters (one of which was an incomplete) there is the winner and there is everyone else. It's all or nothing.

Comment

Way to step up Stacey! I'm proud of ya girl!

Comment

Working...
                              X