Hog Attacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hog Attacks

I always read about hogs attacking people and goring their guts out.. But never seen anyone that has been attacked. Have any of you guys ever been attacked or charged by a hog?

Plenty times running dogs. Let Randy Dudley on here show you his War Wounds. [emoji6]

Comment

Where are you reading all these stories? Is Stephen King writing novels about hunters now?

Comment

Ive crawled on hands and knees alone in the middle of the night following many a blood trail. This has never concerned me enough to not do it. I have thought about Randy's situation a few times though. That's why I never go without a pistol.

Comment

There was a guy on here a while back that jumped a fence while looking for a clients hog.
          If I remember right he pert near unknowingly landed on top of it. Got him in the hand, leg arm. Posted some pics from the ER....

Comment

I've been charged once. It did not end well for him. Nasty sucker.

Comment

Had a run in 2 seasons ago with a loan boar. Chomping his teeth, grunting and what not! All I had was my bow and it was too dark to see pins. Not a fun way to end the hunt! He charged a few times but never came all the way to me. Stopped 10' almost every time. Talk about heart racing!

Comment

Here ya go...Randy may want to chime in with more info.

Comment

These have been posted here in the past.

Comment

I've never been attacked but have a friend that was. Chasing pigs with dogs. He was carrying a 357 revolver with one empty chamber. Got close to this big boar a few times and cocked the hammer only to uncock it without firing.
                    When the boar turned on him, he pulled the trigger only to hear a click and no boom. The boar was on top of him too fast and had him seriously cut on legs, chest and arms before another hunter could shoot the boar.
                    They had been chasing this boar for a while and were in an open field when it happened.

Comment

One of my best friends' nephew ended up in the ER from a boar. Flipped him over and cut him right next to his, uh, cornhole. Can't remember how many stitches, but he bled profusely. His truck seat looked like a slasher movie set.

Had another friend who has been flipped twice, but the hog just kept going.

Hogs are like anything else. You might get away with something a hundred times, and then you may not. I don't bloodtrail big boars at night. Had a couple hair tickling moments. Ain't eating them anyway, so what's the difference ?

Comment

I had a sow turn on me with piglets
                        Lucky for me, had a cattle fence between me and her
                        She hit fence like a locomotive

Comment

Unprovoked attack? Have not heard many credible stories of such. All attacks seem to come when the hog is cornered. A buddy of mine got slashed pretty good while competing in the hog catching contest at Sabinal but I don't think hogs are prone to charging out the brush and attacking people at random

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ighlight=glock
                            I remember this thread and thinking how lucky he was !

I caught one in a 20' corral trap once and walked up to the fence, G 20 in my hand. I looked down to see where I was placing my feet as I was in some blackberry vines, and I heard him grunt. I nailed him between the ears and he hit the fence dead. The point is : If my gun had been holstered, and no fence were there, I would have never gotten my gun out in time. He would have been on me like stink on......a hog !
                            Last edited by Drycreek3189; 03-16-2016, 08:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ighlight=glock
                              WOW! That's scary, One tough SOB!

Comment

Working...
                              X