No announcement yet.

Possible record bow buck, shot placement, recovery, entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would try to claim, if who ever found it would believe me. why wouldn't you claim it?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
      Same here. If the person can live with themselves, then have at it. Personally, I would be more upset that I lost all that meat.

So please fill those of us in that didn't hear the podcast. "If a person can live with themselves." What's the issue here?

Comment

I hope that I never have to find out..

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
          I listened to that podcast too....
          Ha ha!!!

Me too... they covered it pretty well. Too many unknowns and at the end of the day... in my opinion, what does it matter.

In today's day an age, I don't really pay much attention to records, etc. Even so, I am more impressed with the critter than I am the hunter... so in that regard, I don't care if somebody killed it with a gun, bow, car or it died of EHD. At the end of the day, it is an impressive specimen. When it comes to hunting accolades, I am more impressed with hunting consistency, travel, and diversity than I am of a single animal taken. Lots of people can pay or luck into a big deer. It takes dedication to complete slams, etc. Just my opinion on it though. In this case, it is subjective, so no single opinion is the "correct" opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            So please fill those of us in that didn't hear the podcast. "If a person can live with themselves." What's the issue here?
            Long story short. Guy shoots deer. Tracks that deer for days. A couple weeks later finds the deer. Enters it in for record books.

Question: Is it considered a found deer, or a hunted deer?
            Question: Did he not hunt between then and there. Did he punch his tag (supposedly he punched his tag on that lost, but now found deer.)

Lots of other questions... how long between it being "killed vs found" etc. In this case it was weeks apart. podcast folks weighing in on what time they'd set as a limit, etc. some said 72 hours, etc, etc.

Comment

i would make a fake account on TBH and post it as my first ever bow kill and ask "is this good?"

Comment

Ok. I wouldn't try to enter it into any record book, but I'd slap a tag on it and have an awesome euro mount.

B&C and P&Y records don't mean a thing to me.

Comment

Claim it. Shot it what's the difference finding it the next day or a week or two later

Comment

Lots of variables in the given scenario. Time to me as to when you recover is crucial. With that though if I do not find the buck within say 24-36 hours I would call it as a nice buck and tag it, nothing else.

Elapsed time can be crucial in claiming its "my deer". Did it run far off to adjoining property, was it seen on someone else game cam etc. Hunters can be greedy in nature more so knowing they may have the buck of a lifetime, even though it may not be theirs to claim.

For me the quicker I find it the better chance I have to clear anyone's thought process of how long it took to find etc. Ethics/integrity would play a major role in this. Your ethics and integrity may not be the same as the other guys.

Comment

Who cares about a record?... Just stick the skull mount in your garage

Comment

.....or, I wouldn't enter it in any record books but my own.

Comment

If you are 100% sure your shot, however far back was fatal, I think you can claim it.

Comment

Why wouldn't I claim it if I found it on my property, lease, etc. ? I have a couple P&Y class lopes and one whitetail and they're not entered into "the book", but I would probably do a euro.

I claim the pigs after the buzzards find them too !

Comment

If your shot killed it.... why tf not?!

Comment

So I always hear about these podcasts. How does one go about listening to these?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X