Lonesome Coyote Ranch in Tilden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lonesome Coyote Ranch in Tilden

Anyone know about this place. Hunted there before ?

The one on 624?

Have heard there are good deer on that place. With the Nueces running through it I can't imagine they don't.

Comment

In for anymore info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If it's the same ranch I am thinking about there are a few different divisions of lonesome coyote. One of them is the Old 624 Ranch. I hunted there for many years, know that place like it was my own backyard. There are some great deer there, I especially like the low fenced piece on the river. On the other side of the road on another pasture I have seen some studs from the road.

Comment

I actually saw a nice axis buck on the low fence side last week walking in the ditch. About two years ago i saw a 170"+ almost in the same spot on the low fence right below the first bridge. I think they have around 11k acres there and i know they killed a 210" about 5 years ago

Comment

Are you gonna be leasing that place? Corporate hunt? Invite?

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
              Are you gonna be leasing that place? Corporate hunt? Invite?

No, I have someone close that took a position there and was curious about the people that own/run it and the quality of the ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Catarina View Post
                I actually saw a nice axis buck on the low fence side last week walking in the ditch. About two years ago i saw a 170"+ almost in the same spot on the low fence right below the first bridge. I think they have around 11k acres there and i know they killed a 210" about 5 years ago
                I missed a deer very similar in size to that one you speak of. He was about 800 yards from that bridge. The actual 624(where the cell tower is) is about 2500 acres, with around 500 being low fence by the river. I think they own on both sides of the Nueces now. I promise I have seen some studs in the HF, but would rather be in the low fence any day of the week. During the rut there really is no telling how big of a buck you have potential of seeing.

Comment

Quality is up there! Deer, owners.

Comment

I have hunted very close to that place on the river. Saw some extremely nice deer and had some great opportunies at some bonified studs but my bank account didn't equal the price tag on those. It was high fence but all native stock. Great area for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X