Help me pick a 110v welder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me pick a 110v welder

So I am looking for a 110 volt welder to do small jobs wire feed or stick doesn't really matter. I will be welding steel

I know this one at harbor freight for $109
    Amazing deals on this 125 Amp Flux Welder at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

What other good options are there?

$109 is hard to beat. That’s what I did.

Comment

That one is on sale for $99

Harbor Freight buys their top quality tools from the same factories that supply our competitors. We cut out the middleman and pass the savings to you!

I have a Hobart myself

Comment

Lincoln make a little on they used to sell at home depot. Lincoln Weldpak HD or something like that. Always worked for the stuff I was going to do.

They are only like $300 brand new. I see the pretty frequently on facebooks marketplace for less.

Comment

For not much more money I think you'd be happier with quality but that's just my opinion.

Comment

Lincoln 140Hd weldpak. Good welder and everything I have welded is structurally strong.

Comment

one thing about HF buy try and if it don't do what you want ..take it back..90days..seems to be the way I rember it...

Comment

I have the Harbor Freight 90 amp and it does well up to an with inch or so, three sixteenth if you get quality wire. I've had it for 3 years and use it on a regular basis. I also have a 185 amp 240 volt model and have and it's done well for me now for a year.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

If you want quality get a Hobart handler 140.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryNerd View Post
                    So I am looking for a 110 volt welder to do small jobs wire feed or stick doesn't really matter. I will be welding steel

I know this one at harbor freight for $109
                    Amazing deals on this 125 Amp Flux Welder at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices.

What other good options are there?
                    If you can stick weld thier inverter 110 is a better deal. Works great with 3/16 rods

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                      If you want quality get a Hobart handler 140.
                      Yep, and if you subscribe to tractor supply's email deal they send 20% of coupons now and then. Scored 20% off and ag exempt on mine

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
                        Lincoln make a little on they used to sell at home depot. Lincoln Weldpak HD or something like that. Always worked for the stuff I was going to do.

They are only like $300 brand new. I see the pretty frequently on facebooks marketplace for less.
                        That's what I have and use pretty regular. A lot of splatter but nothing a buffing wheel can't dress out. But for a wire welder you can't beat it unless you want really pretty welds, in that case I would consider one with Argon.

Comment

Working...
                        X