Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wasn't the first and won't be the last!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine would have to be cut off or lose the finger...my knuckles have gotten fatter over the past two decades.

I had to have a recent procedure done & the nurses told me I had to take off my ring...told them good luck. They didn't even try.

Comment

Had been married 9 months, went fishing at Lake Fork in early spring. Caught a bunch of fish that night, put them on ice and decided to clean them in the morning.

Standing at the dock/sink cleaning fish, was chilly that morning, fish were cold, hands were cold. . . finished a fish and flung my hands out in front of me to sling the slime and scales off. Well off goes the ring up in the air and down into the lake.

Went I got home that evening, calmly walked up to my wife that was laying out by the pool and told her "honey, you are now married to Lake Fork".

We were at the jewelers the next day buying me a new ring. . .

Comment

Ring #1, got home from work one Friday and took it off while I packed up to head to the ranch. When I went to put it back on, it was gone. I looked everywhere and couldn't find it.

So, I bought a cheaper Ring #2 from James Avery. It was a little loose but stayed on fairly well. One day about a year later driving home from work during baseball season I decided I wanted some of the sunflower seeds sitting next to me. After about 10 minutes I realized I didn't have anything to spit them in. So, at the next stop light I spit the empties into my left hand and threw them out the window. Off came my ring and bounced out into the intersection, I could hear it bouncing along. The light turned green and I had to go but made a quick U-turn and parked. I was standing at the cross walk waiting for the light to turn and spotted it so no big deal...except while I was looking at it a dump truck ran over it. I went and got it but it wasn't a ring any more...flat as a pancake.

So, I bought an even cheaper $50 ring off the internet. I never lost that one and still have it.

Fast forward another couple of years and some of the grass in my back yard started dying from grub worms. I finally got rid of them and was raking out the dead grass so new grass would grow and something shiny came up. It was my first ring (the expensive one). The only thing that could have happened was my lab ate it and "deposited" it in the backyard. I washed it off and good as new. I still have it also.

On a side note, I'm no longer married so if anyone needs a cheap ring or a "crappy" ring let me know.

Comment

There's a place near Callisburg I fell in love with, but just couldn't afford to buy. Hoped & dreamed & hoped & dreamed and prayed & prayed....

Comment

Mines laying somewhere in the sand along the road that goes into a friends camp house on Lake Livingston. Was just thinking the other day how cool it would be to go back and find it with a metal detector after 30+ years.

Comment

One cold winter day, I went out to sit in my back woods. Wasn't hunting, just sitting and watching. When I was walking back, I notice my ring had slipped off. I looked for a couple of days but never found it. I had a metal detector, but loaned it to someone and never got it back.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                Donated mine to the Gulf of Mexico via Matagorda Beach-rinsing some trout slime off my hands in the surf, and then it was gone.
                This is exactly how I lost Ring #2. I was Kayaking Kate's Hole around the Corpus area. It wasn't even a good trout, just a little dink.

Ring #1 ended up in lake Coleman while I was riding a tube behind my 5 year old daughter.

Ring #3 dissappered for a few years, turned up in the side compartment of my passenger door. No idea how it ended up there except it must have been on the seat or console and then slid off in a turn. Wore it for a few more months, then it flat dissappered. still hasn't turned up in the last two years.

Bought my wife a used ring for our wedding, It was Beautiful, but I told her we would get a bright shiney new one when we could afford it. Bought her a better new one for our fifth anniversary. She lost it for about a year, then found it in a shoe in the closet. she lost it again for a few years after that. I found it in an old keepsake box my daughter made for her in elementary school that had been put up for safe keeping. Still don't know how it ended up being "lost" in there. It was on my wife's dresser for ever before we put it up.
                Last edited by Quackedup; 05-10-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BaconIsMyFriend View Post
                  There's a place near Callisburg I fell in love with, but just couldn't afford to buy. Hoped & dreamed & hoped & dreamed and prayed & prayed....

It's certainly a beautiful part of North Texas and well off the beaten path!

Comment

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
                    Qalo rings.
                    Yep. You'll be happy with these. Wife and I never wear the "real" ones anymore

Comment

15 years ago I was sitting in the water at Rockport beach, drinking beer with my girlfriend and relaxing. Ran my hand through the sand around me and came up with a wedding ring! Put it on her finger and she has worn it through 14+ years of marriage!

Comment

Throwing corn from the truck.

Comment

I wasn't the first and won't be the last!

I very seldom wear mine. From time to time my wife will set it out for me to wear.
                          Minimal chance at losing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lost mine in 2012(details are a bit sketchy) Divorced in '13!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Lost mine in the surf at Surfside 15 minutes after I got married. We'll have been married 10 years very soon and I still don't wear one. Good luck finding it a good metal detector will help.

Comment

Lost mine in January in Kansas duck/goose hunting. We just dropped a bunch of birds but some were still alive and starting to go up the hill on the other side of the water we were hunting. On the way back we had to cross under a barb wire fence that went through it. As I went through my boot got caught on a strand of wire along the bottom and couldn't stop. Put my gun stock in the mud and my left hand to brace myself. Well when my hand came out the ring stayed with the mud. Was to worried about being soaking wet in waders and cold that I didn't realize it until I sat back down in the blind.

Comment

Working...
                                X