2018-2019 Freestone County Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jtweezy3 View Post
    I plan on getting cams going this wknd at my spot in Dew and at my spot west of teague. Thanks for starting this thread...look forward to seeing how everyone does. Good Luck fellas!

Had a lot of good times on a lease near Dew. Plenty of nice bucks too. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texasm1976 View Post
      Does anybody know if you the trees are full of acorns this year? I hope not. I am headed up there this weekend.

I’ve been out literally searching for trees with acorns and am finding very few. The ones that do have acorns don’t have very many. I’ve started off searching along creeks and low areas then will move up to higher ground but I’m not finding much. I’m assuming it’s the drought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I hope the acorn count is low. I will find out this weekend.

Comment

Well I got 2100lbs of corn into feeders this wknd, got some cameras going and saw a buck I’ve been chasing for about 6 years now back in one of our pastures, he was bedded down about 100yds from my krivoman.
          Work up to a steady rain this morning which we need bad.
          Lots of acorns in one pasture, not so much on the other properties.
          Be back up in two weeks to check the cams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Well guys I got the cards pulled and had to turn and burn, I forgot to bring them back with me! We had one real good buck on camera. Hopefully I remember to grab the cards and post the pics of him.

Comment

Has anyone ever been to this? I know it’s last years flyer but couldn’t find this years but it’s about the same. It’s going to be this coming weekend on the 22nd. Thinking about going.

Comment

I haven’t gone, but I’ve heard it’s good. I can’t go next weekend but maybe next year.

Comment

Has anyone ever been to this? I know it’s last years flyer but couldn’t find this years but it’s about the same. It’s going to be this coming weekend on the 22nd. Thinking about going.

Funny you bring this up
                  I just got back From the farm and they advertised it on the radio all wknd up there so I may pop in next weekend
                  I’m planning to head back and ty to get things finished before opening
                  I did pull some cards yesterday
                  Have an old buck I’ve been chasing for 6 years now in a pasture that made it through last season and is back but he is starting to decline now. Would be a good first buck for one of my kids.
                  Had quite a few deer hitting the feeder and everything is green again as we have gotten rain, had a storm come through yesterday evening but didn’t drop a lot but enough to water the grass.

Got some pork I need to handle too

Comment

I would like to go next weekend if someone can let me know if it’s only Freestone county residents? I live on the line but all property is technically Limestone county. I think this is awesome and would pay the money but I technically don’t own land in the county.

Comment

I think it’s probably open to anyone, they are trying to raise money.
                      There are three guys listed at the bottom of the flyer, givem a shout

Comment

Thats a good looking buck! And I had never heard about the Freestone County Game Management Association but I will have to check them out.

Comment

The banquet is good...lots of guns and things raffled. Anyone can go.If you hunt in freestone county, sign up for the big buck contest. It's named after my old man!

Comment

Man I would like to go to this banquet but can't swing it.

I will most likely be re-planting my food plots...usually always wait until the end of September but this year I didn't and army worms are every where at our place. First or second week of October I will try again...

Comment

I'm thinking about heading to my family place in Teague next month. Haven't been in years, but have the itch to relive some childhood memories and maybe take my first Freestone deer off the place. Is Sam's buffet in Fairfield still open? Wouldn't mind getting a meetup going.

Comment

Originally posted by AxisAddict View Post
                                I'm thinking about heading to my family place in Teague next month. Haven't been in years, but have the itch to relive some childhood memories and maybe take my first Freestone deer off the place. Is Sam's buffet in Fairfield still open? Wouldn't mind getting a meetup going.

Sams is still open, my sons favorite place!

Comment

Working...
                                X