X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
      Did my Dad's cull buck this evening for a trial run before doing my wife's double drop buck.

Looks really good. What colors did you use?

Comment

That looks Great!! One of The best I've seen.

Comment

I like it...now all i need is a cool euro mount

good job guys

Comment

After successfully dipping my Dad's deer the other night we decided to do my wife's today. I'm not sure what's going wrong, but the paint is gelling together on the surface before I get a chance to dip. As soon as I try to swirl it with a stick all the paint sticks together. Outside temperature is close to when I did the other, but two attempts with water straight from the faucet and another with heated water I decided to give up until I find what's causing the issue.

Comment

very nice!

Comment

After successfully dipping my Dad's deer the other night we decided to do my wife's today. I'm not sure what's going wrong, but the paint is gelling together on the surface before I get a chance to dip. As soon as I try to swirl it with a stick all the paint sticks together. Outside temperature is close to when I did the other, but two attempts with water straight from the faucet and another with heated water I decided to give up until I find what's causing the issue.
                I had same issue with a gun stock and did the same as you with the water. I think I was using too much paint, so I cut back to just a thin film and it finally came out perfect. This is a wood stock, only one I could find to fit my wife, and I was trying to get it close to matching the fore end.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by firecapt186; 12-29-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by firecapt186 View Post
                  I had same issue with a gun stock and did the same as you with the water. I think I was using too much paint, so I cut back to just a thin film and it finally came out perfect. This is a wood stock, only one I could find to fit my wife, and I was trying to get it close to matching the fore end.
                  That could be the issue...I will try again tomorrow with less paint.

Comment

pretty fancy

Comment

Originally posted by firecapt186 View Post
                      Too much paint was definitely the issue. Just finished trying again with my wife's deer and it worked. I will post a pic once it dries.

Comment

Too much paint was definitely the issue. Just finished trying again with my wife's deer and it worked. I will post a pic once it dries.

👍🏻👍🏻 it took me several test runs to figure it out too. Once you have the base coat on, it doesn't take much to add "design" to it.

Comment

Here it is all dry. She has turquoise accents in the game room, so she wanted her deer to match. As you can see my biggest obstacle was taping up the antlers. Without separate bases it proved quite diffcult.

Comment

Those look good

Comment

Looks good! Turned out great

Comment

How does the paint still manage to have the layered look even after you stir the paint together before dipping? Or maybe just barely swirling the paint but not actually mixing it?
                                Also do you place the skull directly in on top of the paint or go in away from paint then raise it up through the paint? Thanks and these look great!

Comment

Working...
                                X