Pouring water on LEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pouring water on LEO

People pouring water on police are all over the news right now. I think it is extremely disrespectful and a disgrace to our country. I don't know where I stand though with making it a felony like some recommend, we already have so many laws that are difficult to enforce.

Didn't something like this happen in NY a few weeks ago?

Comment

What do you recommend as punishment and/or deterrent?

Comment

I don't think it should be a felony if pouring water over a regular citizen isn't however it's assault either way and should be treated as such.

Originally posted by Charles View Post
        Treat it as assault just like anyone else.

Comment

I think it needs to at least be an offense then can arrest over but maybe not a felony that will back up already overwhelmed courts.

Comment

Big can of pepper spray will stop that

Comment

It should already be a felony! Interfering with a peace officer making an arrest is pretty serious in my book. Plus just dumping water on 'em is just a matter of time before someone gets shot, tazed, or both for doing it. I know I'd personally be "afraid for my life" if I saw someone running at me with a big bucket of no tellin' what... I'm afraid it wouldn't end well for 'em if I saw 'em before they dumped on me, and even less well afterwards if they slipped up behind me and dumped it on me...

Just a matter of time before some crazy gets the idea to dump something beside water that truly could cause harm, even death...

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                I don't think it should be a felony if pouring water over a regular citizen isn't however it's assault either way and should be treated as such.

Treat it as assault just like anyone else.
                Agreed

Comment

I think if a citizen witnessed a someone dumping water on an officer then that citizen should be able to knock the crap out of the person who did it, and without consequence!

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    I think if a citizen witnessed a someone dumping water on an officer then that citizen should be able to knock the crap out of the person who did it, and without consequence!
                    I'm down with that, might fix the problem or at least be fun.

Comment

followed up with a public horse whipping

Comment

Option 1:
                        Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                        Big can of pepper spray will stop that
                        Option 2:
                        Option 3:
                        Taser

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes....
                        The stupid shall be punished.

Comment

It is at least Assault-Contact in Texas which is the same for everyone. There is no enhancement for it being a public servant.

But...

I’ve seen the people throw the bucket and hit the officers. Merely feeling pain kicks that up to a 3rd degree felony or 2-10 in prison.

Comment

I like the way you think.

Comment

A Republican bill that would increase penalties for throwing water on cops, after a series of incidents in which members of New York’s Finest were doused by bucket-wielding mobs, is facing some initial Democratic opposition months before the bill could even be taken up.

GOP lawmakers are now introducing a bill that would make throwing or spraying water "or any other substance" on a police officer a class E felony and punishable by up to four years in jail.

A Republican bill that would increase penalties for throwing water on cops, after a series of incidents in which members of New York’s Finest were doused by bucket-wielding mobs, is facing some initial Democratic opposition months before the bill could even be taken up.

I got no problem with it. If a cop turned the tables on the people assaulting them, the media would run them into the ground. No reason to hamstrig our LEOs any more than they are.

Comment

Working...
                              X