Trump, NRA and GOP about to sell out gun owners......AGAIN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
    I know it won’t shut them up. But I’m also ok with them being able to keep guns out of certain people’s hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As am I, but that is not their goal. Confiscation is their goal, and that will start with this, this will lead to registration, and registration will lead to confiscation....which they have stated IS their goal.

Watch for taxation on ammo mixed in as well.

Comment

Trump said he isn't going down that slippery slope just yesterday I believe. He plays the Democrats at every chance. TheDems are going in circles chasing their tails. I will wait to see what if anything actually comes about as a bill that makes it through house.
      The Dems don't have time for gun legislation right now, they need to get back to pursuing the Russian collusion case they are working on. As we all know Adam Schiff has ****ing evidence that he is about ready to release that will prove Trump colluded with Russia, or as Tucker Carlson says, RRRRuuuuSSSSiaa. Lol

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

I know it won’t shut them up. But I’m also ok with them being able to keep guns out of certain people’s hands.

Hahahaha, just like how criminals don't get guns or drugs now? A new law that says, "really, we mean it this time, don't steal or lie or else" would be just as effective.

Quit punishing people who haven't committed a crime because someone else has. That is all new gun laws will accomplish

Comment

How has laws worked to keep drugs out of people's hands?

Hell they cant even keep drugs out of prisons where they have 100% control of everyone.

But somehow there is going to be some type of magic happen to keep guns out of criminals hands?

Their goal is to disarm every citizen of the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
            How has laws worked to keep drugs out of people's hands?

Hell they cant even keep drugs out of prisons where they have 100% control of everyone.

But somehow there is going to be some type of magic happen to keep guns out of criminals hands?

I’m not getting into a debate over back ground checks. All I’m saying is that I’m in favor of them. You shouldn’t be allowed to own firearms if you don’t meet certain criteria and maybe the background checks should be more inclusive of a persons history. Maybe there should be added criteria. What would that extra criteria be? I’m not sure. I don’t have all the answers. Now, as far as the effectiveness of them, no they are not 100%. But maybe, just maybe, it helps to a certain degree. It’s the same as locking your front door. It only works on honest thieves. If someone wants to rob your house, a locked door isn’t going to stop them.

Comment

How about putting felons in possession of a firearm in prison for 50 years on their first offense
              Fining institutions who are required to update the federal database for not doing so in a timely manner. So guy this week was caught walking around with a gun in Austin. Bought it legally then find out Harris county did not update what ever database they were supposed to which would have said this guy had a felony warrant from a year ago

Comment

I’m not getting into a debate over back ground checks. All I’m saying is that I’m in favor of them. You shouldn’t be allowed to own firearms if you don’t meet certain criteria and maybe the background checks should be more inclusive of a persons history. Maybe there should be added criteria.
                Wait. What???
                When you purchase a firearm, you ALREADY go thru a background check. What we don't need, is the Feds giving us a colonoscopy every time we buy one. When you start adding on "more stuff", then you are on that slippery slope that is only going to go downhill!!
                For the last 40 years. my guns have shot no one.

Comment

If people understood that their really isn’t a problem to begin with we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Don’t listen to the news. Their job is to scare you. Tragic and horrible as they may be, there isn’t a mass shooting problem In this country.

Comment

For the people that want “more background checks”, what is it you want them to do? We already have those. Crimes with guns bought legally via face to face or the “gun show loophole” don’t statistically exist.

Comment

Background checks didn't stop any of the recent shootings & then there were 2 or 3 where NICS didn't work because local LE & in one case the Air Force didn't submit the paperwork...it's only as good as the data the examiners have. I'm an FFL & making universal checks would put more $$$ in my pocket but at what expense?? I'm not willing to see anyone lose more liberties at the expense of bad people. Any and all new laws only affect the law abiding & adding checks is not going to stop anyone hellbent on committing a shooting. You cannot legislate immoral & deviant behavior & gets tiresome having to explain this is the problem & no new laws targeting restrictive gun measures deal with the mental & social issues that are the root cause. I would find it very creepy to see sons/daughters having to fill out paperwork for inheritance. If one were to inherit multiple pistols, all of those would be listed by make / model & SN to ATF & local chief LE. In border states, you could include certain long guns as well.

Trump is accurate when he states it's slippery. Try not to get sucked into the emotion aspect.

I’m not getting into a debate over back ground checks. All I’m saying is that I’m in favor of them. You shouldn’t be allowed to own firearms if you don’t meet certain criteria and maybe the background checks should be more inclusive of a persons history. Maybe there should be added criteria. What would that extra criteria be? I’m not sure. I don’t have all the answers. Now, as far as the effectiveness of them, no they are not 100%. But maybe, just maybe, it helps to a certain degree. It’s the same as locking your front door. It only works on honest thieves. If someone wants to rob your house, a locked door isn’t going to stop them.

Comment

I have no problems with background checks. Having said that, making MORE or stricter background checks will do nothing. I don’t want crazy people or convicts having guns but more laws will not prevent that, no matter how strict they are, except for total gun confiscation. Then SOME crazies won’t have them but ALL the criminals still will. That just leaves the good guys with no guns and that is a recipe for total chaos and borderline anarchy.
                        No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                          I have no problems with background checks. Having said that, making MORE or stricter background checks will do nothing. I don’t want crazy people or convicts having guns but more laws will not prevent that, no matter how strict they are, except for total gun confiscation. Then SOME crazies won’t have them but ALL the criminals still will. That just leaves the good guys with no guns and that is a recipe for total chaos and borderline anarchy.

No thanks.

I will agree 100% with you. But I sold all my guns during the last recession to pay my light bill. I don’t have any.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                            If people understood that their really isn’t a problem to begin with we wouldn’t be having this conversation. Don’t listen to the news. Their job is to scare you. Tragic and horrible as they may be, there isn’t a mass shooting problem In this country.

I believe this to be the most correct statement so far

Comment

63 people killed in mass shootings in 2019 and they raise a ruckus. Not to demean the people killed, Senseless deaths perpetrated by mad men!
                              3000 defenseless babies killed every day by abortion and the left wants more leeway to kill even more.
                              How perverted is this?

Comment

Originally posted by locolobo View Post
                                63 people killed in mass shootings in 2019 and they raise a ruckus. Not to demean the people killed, Senseless deaths perpetrated by mad men!
                                3000 defenseless babies killed every day by abortion and the left wants more leeway to kill even more.
                                How perverted is this?
                                But, but ..... Women's healthcare......

Comment

Working...
                                X