Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening to whenever. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Wife got the air fryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
    Man I heard bad things when they first came out. Seems like they’re on point now. If they make a good wing, that’s all I needed to know.

Ordered.
    They do good at wings and a few other things. I got one as a gift but wouldn’t buy one with my own money. We actually got rid of it in a garage sale not too long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      They do good at wings and a few other things. I got one as a gift but wouldn’t buy one with my own money. We actually got rid of it in a garage sale not too long ago.
      Man there is no middle ground with these things. Love or hate! Ha
      Makes the foodie in me very confused.

Comment

Yes, wings and chicken legs I have done turned out great. Tater tots and fries really good too. Wasn’t a fan of the fish I tried to do. Interested in the grilled cheese thing. Just make like normal and throw it in there??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife got the air fryer

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post

Man there is no middle ground with these things. Love or hate! Ha

Makes the foodie in me very confused.

I didn’t think anything was necessarily bad. It just wasn’t as good as I expected it to be. Try to fry fish in it and get back with me. It works well for things already cooked, frozen tots, chicken nuggets etc. Kind of like the oil free turkey fryer, just not the same as deep fried. There’s no way to replicate deep fried without deep frying. You see the comments, frozen stuff, chicken wings and potatoes. It just took up space so we got rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            I didn’t think anything was necessarily bad. It just wasn’t as good as I expected it to be. Try to fry fish in it and get back with me. It works well for things already cooked, frozen tots, chicken nuggets etc. Kind of like the oil free turkey fryer, just not the same as deep fried. There’s no way to replicate deep fried without deep frying. You see the comments, frozen stuff, chicken wings and potatoes. It just took up space so we got rid of it.
            I agree with this. The only things i've found it does just as good or better is Wings. Everything else we have done in it is good or great, just not as good or great as conventional methods. The biggest selling point is ease of use and cleanup. We use it when we are feeling lazy, which is often .

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
              Yes, wings and chicken legs I have done turned out great. Tater tots and fries really good too. Wasn’t a fan of the fish I tried to do. Interested in the grilled cheese thing. Just make like normal and throw it in there??

Yup. pretty much it. 350 for 5 minutes and done. Perfect every time.

Comment

To the OP, what brand and model air fryer do you have, and to those that are in the know, which ones are good, and which should I avoid?

Comment

Look into the char-broil oil-less turkey fryer.
                  We cook our wings on this and they are fantastic.

Comment

I’m 0-3 on sweet potatoes...
                    Probably more the Indian than the bow though

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                      Hmmm. Will have to try that.

I will say it completely changed the way I make grilled cheese sandwiches.
                      tell me more about this grilled cheese

Comment

My wife tried keto chicken tenders in it last year and they turned out awesome, in fact we don't even think about normal breading anymore. Take a bag of cheap pork rinds crunch them up and roll the chicken in it and cook

Comment

Never thought of using pork rinds as breading, might have to try that

Comment

I use it to heat up leftovers. Reheated fried chicken is almost as good as fresh. Cookies, Quesadillas, sausage, peach cobbler, fish and buck sticks are frequent visitors to the air fryer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                              To the OP, what brand and model air fryer do you have, and to those that are in the know, which ones are good, and which should I avoid?
                              I’d like to know as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post

I really don’t know but she bought both of ours from HEB. First was a small apartment size unit which my daughter now has and the 2nd is big, about the size of a kuerig machine. They had them on sale for $49 back in July. That was a steal!

Comment

Working...
                                X