Wood stove or Fireplace?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wood stove or Fireplace?

Working on the Barndo and trying to decide between the two.
    If fireplace it would be metal with circulating fan. I am a bricklayer and have been around masonry fireplaces all my life.

Wood stove is way more efficient then a fireplace IMO
    I have both and the stove is my choice

Comment

I have a wood stove (with a blower fan) in my man cave (garage) and a fireplace in the house (no blower fan). The aesthetics of a brick/rock & mortar fireplace is nice but don't hold a candle to the heating ability of a wood stove.

Next house I build will have a wood stove in the living room.

Comment

I have a gas burner in the living room. Want to replace it with a wood stove. Is this something I can do? With some retro fit of course.

Comment

Make your home feel cozy and warm all winter long with the help of Leonard's Stone & Fireplace. Call for fireplaces installation in Fort Worth, TX.

We bought ours here. Just measure your interior open space and then start looking for a wood insert stove.

Comment

Wood stove all the way.

Comment

Wood Stove!

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                http://www.leonardsstoneandfireplace.net/

We bought ours here. Just measure your interior open space and then start looking for a wood insert stove.
                Wouldn't mind checking out their website but seems you need some credentials to log in to their home page. Guess they don't want new customers to find them

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
                  Wouldn't mind checking out their website but seems you need some credentials to log in to their home page. Guess they don't want new customers to find them
                  working here.

although I didnt think at 5000 dollar wood stove was even a thing!!!
                  Last edited by Quackerbox; 04-10-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tubby View Post
                    I have a wood stove (with a blower fan) in my man cave (garage) and a fireplace in the house (no blower fan). The aesthetics of a brick/rock & mortar fireplace is nice but don't hold a candle to the heating ability of a wood stove.

Next house I build will have a wood stove in the living room.
                    I agree completely.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      working here.

although I didnt think at 5000 dollar wood stove was even a thing!!!
                      Here's what I get. using Exlporer and Chrome
                      Attached Files

Comment

I like the wood burning stove. It really puts out the heat. I’m looking for an older vintage pot belly stove if anyone has one in their barn.

Comment

Besides the fact a wood stove heats an area better, they just look WAY cooler. So my vote is for the wood stove. That's what I've always wanted in my house, and someday that's what will be in my next house. Until then, I will get one for my back porch.

Comment

Whether you’re building from scratch or remodeling an existing space, adding a fire – the inevitable focal point of any space – can be a daunting challenge. Which fuel should I use? How big should the fire be? Which style looks best? Any authorized Fireplace Xtrordinair dealer would be

Try this link. This was the brand and style we liked the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Parramore View Post
                              https://www.fireplacex.com/ProductGu...wood&fueltab=0

Try this link. This was the brand and style we liked the most.

We are putting the Elite 44 from then in our upcoming build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X